Favorite next to skin shirt

BenFrank

FNG
+1 for the aerowool. Seems to provide some benefits of both synthetic and merino.

Older version sitka core synthetic quarter zip I bought in 2015. 4 seasons of heavy use and havent worn it out. Dries in no time.

I bought some kuiu ss shirts and I'm sure I'll try some aerowool as well. I have first lite merino and aerowool boxers. Ovis boxer are on the list to try.

This year I ran synthetic shirt next to skin. I was able to change it every day so smell was a non issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Beanyray

FNG
I'd like to try aerowool but I like my 100% Merino (core2element) qz so much that I can't break down and buy anything else. If it ain't broke don't fix it theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmaas

FNG
I find myself hiking into backcountry in a t shirt then change into my FL lightweight QZ. I live in my QZ next to skin. Drys quick after getting sweaty and you can open it up and let the burger hang out while hiking.

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
FL 1/2 zip Wilkin (Aerowool). Wear it every time I’m hunting. I believe this was replaced by the Wick 1/4 zip.

ChrisAU

WKR
The First LiteWick 150 L/S has been my first layer for dozens of whitetail hunts this year. Incredible piece after using UA for years. I’ve abused it a lot and the only hole I have is on the part that goes over your hand from grabbing thorns vines and breaking them by hand while tracking a buck a few weeks ago.

I’ve also had good luck with the Red Desert boxers though I’ve heard some people have had trouble. I wore two pair for 84 hrs each pair on my elk hunt and they were amazing.

For pants, Kuiu 145 zip offs all the way. I’m a First Lite slut but being able to take those off without taking off pants or boots is game changing. Took me a few seconds to strip down to track a deer after it was near freezing at sun rise but closing in on 70* after the shot. And midday change in CO elk hunting.

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a huge fan of First Lite's new 150 wicking hoody. I live in a hot sunny climate and even the winter months have a lot of sun. It's super comfortable by itself in warm temps and under layers as it gets colder. I pair it with a mid weight QZ and soft shell jacket or puffy but I almost always have it as my next to skin layer.

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
I like Sitka Merino Core Lightweight. This shirt is thin enough to layer over, breathable, wicks sweat, doesn't hold odor, and 'cause it's wool is warm even if a bit wet. I want to get the heavier versions now too for winter hunts.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like a very light weight synthetic short sleeve T as my first layer. Sometimes I go with a LS T.
SS fav is the Patagonia Capilene Lightweight T-Shirt. It dries amazingly fast, surprisingly durable for how thin and light it is, and the Polygiene odor control works.

Long sleeve fav alternates between the Sitka Core LW and the hooded version.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Icebreaker ss merino. Peloton 97 is good to but I only spent a week in it.

JWM

FNG
First lite aerowool t shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk