Mid to late season jacket

Mossy

WKR
Mid to late season jacket-Sitka

I’m looking for opinions on a mid to late season jacket. Hunting style is I hike.....high thick timber for the most part. A lot of sweating on the way up. Mid season the temps are 20-55 throughout the day and late involves snow with obviously colder temps. I usually wear wool because of the noise factor, breathes and warm if wet but it can get a little bulky and restrictive. Is there one that might fit the bill? I’m thinking pit zips are a must.

Last edited:
Are you looking for lightweight?

If not, I like my FL Woodbury for similar hunting. I stalk around in the woods and then set up an ambush. Depending on exertion I either remove it when I am moving or unzip it. I like it a lot but it is heavy and bulky, though not in a way that restricts movement or a bow draw. I think my XL is 4 or 5 pounds with the hood.

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR
Yeah I’m looking for something lightweight if possible. I should mention I wore I wore a puffy vest for a couple days and it got ripped up pretty good. I don’t stand hunt or glass

For hiking steep terrain in mid to late season I love my jetstream jacket. It breathes well, is wind proof, hasn't ripped with 5 hard years of use on it, and has pit zips. I can't hike with a puffy on because I'll burn up. Good luck!

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR
For hiking steep terrain in mid to late season I love my jetstream jacket. It breathes well, is wind proof, hasn't ripped with 5 hard years of use on it, and has pit zips. I can't hike with a puffy on because I'll burn up. Good luck!

Thanks. It seems like something that could work for me

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR

Is the material still quiet when it gets really cold?

I’d say Kuiu Kenai or the Patagucci version (Nano Air). The insulation breathes well and is very quiet for still hunting.

Yeah I’m looking for something lightweight if possible. I should mention I wore I wore a puffy vest for a couple days and it got ripped up pretty good. I don’t stand hunt or glass

Ok. Then I second the jet stream idea. Mine has become my go to for anything but stand hunting. I sized up a bit and can get a mid layer fleece and a puffy underneath so I have used it into the 20s and been warm.