Sitka or First Lite

I currently use some FL and love the Company, but the last two peices I bought this year the seam had stitching come out with very little stress. For that I will be moving on to try Sitka.

jwooley

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had Sitka ,Kuiu, and first lite.. My favorite is a combo of the three. Kuiu pants, First lite merino and puffies, and Sitka dewpoint all these companies make good stuff.. All seem well made..

Ranger185

FNG
Have you considered SKRE at all? I know there have been some pretty good (and official Rokslide) reviews here. I got my first set this year and love them. Granted, I've never hunted in FL or Sitka, so take my post with a grain of salt. But, there's a lot to be said for that up and coming company. Tough gear with similar options to both of the two companies compared in this thread.

JWM

FNG
I have been mixing FL and Sitka and prefer the Sitka item for durability. Do you have a Scheels near you? I have found significant (25-50%+\-) discounts on new current model year items that they claim they had to much of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWM

FNG
The Sitka pants and shirts that I wore for 2-3 years look way newer than the first lite items I’ve only wore 1-2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think using a combination of them is always going to be the best, because you can tailor to what you want! Dont rule out non hunting brands either, I think my favorite pants I own to hunt/hike/be outdoors in are my Prana Zions. I wear mostly First Lite for my hunting branded clothing, they are a local Idaho company and I like the products I have purchased from them. I will say, the obsidan pants are nice, but my dad has multiple sitka pants and sometimes I wish I had went that way. I cant place my finger on why, they just feel more durable and stretchy. One thing that I haven't found a comparable to though is the uncomphagre puffy coat. I will never go away from that piece of FL gear. Do some research, find what you thing is the best overall fit for each piece in your system, and go with it!

First Lite quality/durability has been really disappointing for me.

On the other hand, I bought my first Sitka Gear in about a decade. I was really impressed by it this fall. I think Sitka had a period where they were surviving on their elite status and quality went downhill. But now with many competitors in the field, they are producing some really good stuff.

Although I love my Uncomphagre puffy it is more of an active jacket for my use. I start to get chilly while glassing with temps below 42 degrees.

I think using a combination of them is always going to be the best, because you can tailor to what you want! Dont rule out non hunting brands either, I think my favorite pants I own to hunt/hike/be outdoors in are my Prana Zions. I wear mostly First Lite for my hunting branded clothing, they are a local Idaho company and I like the products I have purchased from them. I will say, the obsidan pants are nice, but my dad has multiple sitka pants and sometimes I wish I had went that way. I cant place my finger on why, they just feel more durable and stretchy. One thing that I haven't found a comparable to though is the uncomphagre puffy coat. I will never go away from that piece of FL gear. Do some research, find what you thing is the best overall fit for each piece in your system, and go with it!

ianpadron

WKR
I've heard/read too many durability issues with First Lite to give them another try.

Had an Uncompaghre that was very underwhelming 2 years ago.

Sitka, KUIU, Kryptek...I have no complaints with any of their pieces

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

WJS23

WKR
I use both firstlite and Sitka, I would suggest get what ever you can get on sale but Sitka makes a better fitting pant in my opinion

rjf611

FNG
I do not care for the fit of first lite gear. Disappointed in the Klamath hoody I bought, in Large was baggy and the arms were 4” too long. Look at their product pictures of people wearing this shirt, it doesn’t look like they fit well at all. Bought a Sitka heavyweight core hoody, fits perfect in large. If am 6’ 180 lbs. Spoke with first lite rep who said medium would be too tight. Have a Wind river balaclava so baggy face piece doesn’t stay up and too short to stay tucked in to my shirt. Chama...baggy, droopy fit. I think I am done with them. Sitka and Kuiu seem to fit me well and I like their quality.