Mountain pant and Timberline fit?

Mossy

WKR
I’m trying to decide between the two but I have no Sitka experience. For reference, attacks in 32 are a perfect fit. Will I need to go up a size?

OLI62

FNG
I think the Timberlines run true to size at least in my case. I'm a 36 in my Attacks, a 36 in my Timberlines, and 36 in my regular pants. So, I'd say no you don't need to go up a size. To me the fit in the Timberline is very slightly snugger than in my Attacks probably due to being a heavier pant. I'm still able to layer comfortably under the Timberlines. No experience with the Mountain pants.

For reference, I'm 5'10 and a 190 lbs. Muscular build with large quads.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Order them for your size. Love them both for different reasons and different purposes.
I'd wear the Mountain Pant for an everyday pant if I had more solid colors.

Trial153

WKR
I have both, I wear my regular pants size. That works for me both alone and with a base layer.

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the attacks, mountains and timberlines quite a bit. The mountain pants are so comfortable I wear them daily. Like Tony said I wish the mountain pants had more solid colors like the attacks. The timberlines get a little swampy when you are doing a lot of hiking above 50 degrees in my opinion. In the climate parameters posted I would go with the mountain pants and throw on a light base layer around 35 degrees. As far as the fit goes I wear 32 in attack pants and 32R in the mountain pants.

TwoTikkas

WKR
The Mountain pant was one of my first Sitka gear purchases. Love them. I keep thinking I need the Timberline to compliment them though. Just because. I honestly never felt compromised in any way in just the Mountain.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
20-60 degrees active and dry; what’s your choice?

That's a big temp swing.
The waterproof seat and knees of the Timberline are nice if its wet. If it's dropping below freezing or wet I usually grab the Timberlines. If it's over 40 and dry I grab the Mountain. The New Apex pant fits right there in the same temp range with the Mountain pant as well. The Apx is less durable than MT or TL but more quiet.
All have their niche.
I'll add that if its over 70, I am grabbing the Ascent pant.

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
Thanks everyone. I was able to try on the timberlines at Cabelas yesterday and 32’s will work. Unfortunately they didn’t have the mountain pant in that size but I’m assuming they fit the same as the timberlines. I’m going with the mountain pant

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think you'll be just fine with the mountain pants. I'll agree that the Timberline pants get a little swampy if it's over 50...or you're hiking hard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk