Synthetic Blanket?

Hey all,

It was a chilly weekend elk hunting - wind chill around 0 - wife was using one of the costco down blankets while glassing, but its no good with wind and being down, not great on snow contact either...

Looking for suggestions on some sort of synthetic blanket that could be used in a similar roll - ie glassing and sitting in ground blinds etc... that would handle the wet/snow/wind...

Thanks

ljalberta

WKR
Kifaru Woobie/Doobie? Thermarest also has a few synthetic blanket/poncho options. I have a woobie I love, but I haven't used it enough in windy/wet situations to give an opinion on it's performance in such situations.

Benjblt

WKR
Very cool and affordable option.

Yes it is. The whole family geeked out on it and had a lot of fun with it. You can basically make two blankets for less than the price of buying them through Kifaru or something. We didn't order the kit we bought all the stuff individually and it helped save a little money. Plus you can search for codes online and usually get 10% off.

mcseal2

WKR
I use the Hill People Gear Serape for just that. It has worked great for me but it isn't cheap. I've used mine as a sleeping bag down to the upper 30's and always have it on during cold sits in the ground blind or just in a thicket. Sitting in a chair with it draped over me it's amazing how much heat it holds in. I now own two because my wife used mine once hunting and claimed my original one.

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
Snugpak Jungle Blanket. Synthetic insulation, large size, and they weigh only about a pound and a half and come with their own compression sack.

Kotaman

WKR
I have a Kifaru Woobie. It would fit that use nicely. They are synthetic, and lightweight. The downside is the cost...