Puffy Pants vs Woobie

Bulldawg

WKR
I've thought about what I can use for some insulation for glassing during some colder weather hunts. Puffy pants would potentially have less draft and I could stand up and sit down with out any adjustment and have a little less drafts, the woobie is a little more versatile. What say you?

Kotaman

WKR
Interesting question. I've never used my Woobie for that purpose, but don't see why it wouldn't work. To me that might be handier than taking the pants out slipping them over and putting them back when you're ready to go. I may give the Woobie a try on my next sheep hunt.

i have something called a jerven bag,it is a very versatile piece of kit, waterproof, windproof .insulated,,it is what i use to glass with.

tdhanses

WKR
Woobie works great for glassing, in cold weather I keep it in my pack as a survival item as well as a glassing blanket.

bcimport

WKR
I have found I prefer something like a woobie. The problem with puffy pants for me was how loud they are if I need to get up and move for a shot. With something like a woobie (I’ve been using my kids synthetic EE quilt) I can just quietly slide out from underneath it and move to where I need to. No zippers or big movements. I’ve also found my feet stay warmer because I can pull them under cover too.

Jbehredt

WKR
Have use the woobie for late season elk. The only down side is it’s hard to get up and move when it’s so cozy under it.

adamm88

WKR
I used my surplus woobie to throw over my rain pants today in the rain, worked better than i thought. It’s something im going to use more as i hate hauling insulated pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jblack86

FNG
I am ordering the material to make a woobie. I think i will go with a 2.5 insulation instead of the 3.6 and i will make it shorter. Question for those who have used a woobie? Should I make one layer water proof?