Sitka users

Diesel

WKR
I have been reading Sitka reviews and see quite a few kicks about sleeves of different pieces being very tight. I have popeye fore arms and wonder if that has been your experience.

Most reviews are positive and I am looking hard at them, but fit complaints are holding me back.

Any user comments?

In general I would say the Sitka sleeve cut is typically CLOSE, but maybe not skinny. The upshot being that big-arm guys will likely find the sleeves snug unless they are buying XL and up sizes. I have big arms and wear a large Celsius, Fanatic, Stratus jackets. All are snug on my arms and the Celsius is almost too tight. I have to just inside-out the sleeves when removing the jacket. My hands almost won't go through the cuff openings on the large Celsius. It frustrates the heck out of me but I can't do anything about it. I might have to check out some First Lite and see if the sleeve cut is roomier.

n8saki

FNG
I straddle Large and Medium, my core items [Medium] have enough stretch in them to accommodate my larger then medium forearms. Bigger question is which clothing, Sitka CS and BeanOutdoors [Site Sponsor] are very helpful if you give them a call.

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
Kevin,
I hear what you are saying and I am there too.

I just wonder why Sitka hasn't fixed the issue. I would think most guys that hunt would be bigger in the arms than average. They have had to hear the issue more than a few times if they read their reviews.

I just hate struggling to get a pullover or jacket off when I'm tired and wet. Especially in a tent.

Sitka is not cheap, as you all know, so you want it to fit if you pay that much for a piece. Frustrating, as I would like to build with Sitka gear but that issue makes it a non starter.

As I get older I am past the makeshift clothing stage and want gear that works and fits.

Trial153

WKR
I think the arm are cut a little tighter for a reason, makes it easier to layer and less slop to interfere with dexterity.
I don't know if my arms are small, big or avg . but I pretty much owned every sitka peice made and never had a problem.
I am an extra large is almost every top except Jetstream and traverse cold weather hoody which I sized up.

Trial.... When I try an XL in any Sitka jacket, the sleeves fit my arms easily. I think I basically have XL arms attached to my L (size) torso. I'm 6-0 and 200 lb. I've noticed a fairly dramatic increase in sleeve diameter between L and XL jackets by Sitka. Anyway, I really like the general fit and function.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
I own LT in both stratus and jet stream. The jet stream is a tighter fit all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I guess they could be considered a tighter fit in the forearms for those of us that have more high school forearm bulk. I prefer a snugger fit in the forearms though, especially for bowhunting, but I just don't like loose clothes catching on stuff.

I have a kelvin lite puffy in medium and it’s pretty snug in the forearms. And I don’t have popeye arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general I would say the Sitka sleeve cut is typically CLOSE, but maybe not skinny. The upshot being that big-arm guys will likely find the sleeves snug unless they are buying XL and up sizes. I have big arms and wear a large Celsius, Fanatic, Stratus jackets. All are snug on my arms and the Celsius is almost too tight. I have to just inside-out the sleeves when removing the jacket. My hands almost won't go through the cuff openings on the large Celsius. It frustrates the heck out of me but I can't do anything about it. I might have to check out some First Lite and see if the sleeve cut is roomier.

Kevin, I run most all FL system. I am not big, but my hands are very wide. I cant find a glove that works for me Haha With that said, when I put shirts or jackets on my hands get caught and I have to push thru the sleeve/wrist openings. My point is they too are smaller than desired. Like a buttoned up flannel shirt. I guess for the archer this is nice, keeps contact with bow string out of the equation. Hope that helps on FL size comparison.

wapitibob

WKR
I have the original 90% in 2xl and it fits as I would expect in body and sleeves. My kelvin down hoody in xl has room for multiple layers in the body but not as much addl volume in the sleeves. Got the 2xl tall jetstream today and there is a little more body volume than the 90% thru the whole jacket. Appears to be made for a Light/mid insulation layer.

The only jackets I have an issue with is the Celsius line. The armpits actually cut into me and upper arms are just too tight. I can't even put it over the Fanatic hoody.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kevin,
I hear what you are saying and I am there too.

I just wonder why Sitka hasn't fixed the issue. I would think most guys that hunt would be bigger in the arms than average. They have had to hear the issue more than a few times if they read their reviews.

I just hate struggling to get a pullover or jacket off when I'm tired and wet. Especially in a tent.

Sitka is not cheap, as you all know, so you want it to fit if you pay that much for a piece. Frustrating, as I would like to build with Sitka gear but that issue makes it a non starter.

As I get older I am past the makeshift clothing stage and want gear that works and fits.
They do it to avoid string contact and to make them fit under layers easier. Give us a break on hunters arms being bigger lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I own pieces in XL to 3XL. Sitka is designed on a layering system. Some pieces are cut for a normal fit and some are athletic fit which is listed on each item on their website. You cant go wrong with Sitka, you just have to set up the right layering system for you.

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
They do it to avoid string contact and to make them fit under layers easier. Give us a break on hunters arms being bigger lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The hunter's forearm comment was in comparison to the skinny jean crowd.

I do the majority of my hunting in Pennsylvania these days and hunt archery and rifle seasons. Deer, bear and turkey. I get the fitted sleeve reasoning for archery. I have accumulated enough injuries that it necessitates a crossbow for archery. I truly miss using my compound bow, as there is a satisfaction in just the whole draw and release and a perfectly placed arrow zen. So string issues on the sleeve are not an issue for me.

I like the Sitka Whitetail system for quiet materials and pieces for really cold sits in the trees. I have plenty of layers for underneath that work well so it is a matter of sizing up the Sitka pieces enough that the sleeve are big enough to feel comfortable without wearing a tent.

Hopefully, Kevin's comments on how XL and up fits may well be that it will not be an issue. There is nowhere near me to try this stuff on so it makes it a guess on what size to order.

These may be the last coats I ever buy for hunting as I am getting long in the tooth. Sitka is pricey for me so I want it to fit well. But, I guess you can't take it with you.

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
aoZPIHr.jpg

I lift so I have pretty decent arms but I have very puny forearms, this is an xl core lightweight for reference.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been reading Sitka reviews and see quite a few kicks about sleeves of different pieces being very tight. I have popeye fore arms and wonder if that has been your experience.

Most reviews are positive and I am looking hard at them, but fit complaints are holding me back.

Any user comments?

It depends on what you are looking at.
Some of the jackets are going to be an athletic fit and some jackets are going to be a standard fit. All the core base layers are going to be a standard fit. They have a "TALL" in some of the base layers. They are not going to be as tight as you would think. I know really big guys that don't seem to have a problem.