Neck Gaiter

I lost my neck gaiter while scouting a new area yesterday and am in need of a replacement. Who makes a good one? I was going to order the midweight one from First Lite but naturally they are out of stock. Is there another one that is comparable to it? I'd use it solely for warmth paired with a beanie. How is the Kuiu Peloton 97?

wyodan

WKR
I have the First Lite one, but honestly like my Smartwool one way better. It is double the thickness, but still form fitting.

jolemons

WKR
Buff brand makes a merino version, its long, comfortable and durable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wyodan

WKR
The merino 250 one?
Smartwool Merino 250 Neck Gaiter | Merino Wool

I picked up a set of their 250 weight base layers this year and I'm liking it so far. Wish the gaiter was in camo, although I doubt the deer will care.

Yeah I think that's the one. It's folded over on itself, so it's twice as thick as my 250 weight base layers. They had it in dark green when I bought mine, so at least it was in earth tones.

I have a couple of the merino ones from Buff. I tried one out tonight for the first time, I have a full beard so I usually do not need anything to keep my face to warm. I used it while riding a rail car for about 2 miles. I was ready to get it off when we stopped, I was starting to sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I lost my neck gaiter while scouting a new area yesterday and am in need of a replacement. Who makes a good one? I was going to order the midweight one from First Lite but naturally they are out of stock. Is there another one that is comparable to it? I'd use it solely for warmth paired with a beanie. How is the Kuiu Peloton 97?

I would also look at the First Spear Neckie. Merino/synthetic blend, cut well, wicks, anc is warm.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Can't go wrong with Smartwool. Also love the Buff, I get the lighter ones. And I like the Sitka core for the weight too. I sweat a lot so I prefer lighter neck wear

I'm not a big fan of synthetic neck gaiters like the Peloton 97. If you pull synthetic ones up over your mouth and breathe in them for a while, they start to smell. I use a FL neck gaiter.

davescarp

WKR
Icebreaker used to make a long, merino camo neck tube thing. I have one and love it. Not sure you can get it in camo still tho

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a fan of first lite's neck gaiter. It's not super warm but I'm not looking for a super warm neck gaiter. As long as it's wool I'd think it would be nice

OP
K
Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll grab one of the merino ones, like the Smartwool 250.

Wolfey

FNG
Buff has no seams which is great. Can get whatever thickness you're looking for as well. Another option is the Eddie Bauer multi clava which is a thinner merino/poly blend. I used my Eddie Bauer all year at work as a sweat band and face mask and I highly recommend it for a lightweight fast drying piece.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk