Kryptek

Titan_Bow

WKR
i'd say its just ok. I have a pair of their super lightweight Valhalla pants, they are pretty much shredded after 2 seasons of use. Button came off, seam stitching is kinda coming apart, etc. Now, I have been hard on them for sure, but they were retailed at $99 I think? As a comparison, I have a couple pair of Prana Zions that I have used longer and also use for day to day wear, and they are really no worse for the wear. Their merino seems to stand up better than some of the other brands i have tried though. I have a couple base layer shirts from their original hoplite line I think when they first came out, and other than the camo pattern being faded, they are still in great shape. I also have the koldo and Vellus set. Both have held up good. The koldo rain gear is decent, but it is heavy, and bulky, so in recent years its not really seen much use. I use the Vellus quite a bit for whitetails out east, and chasing rabbits when it is super cold. The only problem I have with it, even though its fleece, is you still have to be careful about noise. Since its waterproof and windproof, there is an internal layer, that when you have your hands in your pockets, or you move just right, can still make noise. Overall, I have used their stuff for a few years now, and always buy it on clearance or sales, so don't feel too bad about things. I started buying their stuff when they came out because they really marketed up the whole veteran owned aspect, which I really liked as a veteran myself. Ive owned a few things from Firstlite and Kuiu as well, and would say Krypteks overall quality is slightly behind them. I've not tried their Altitude line so cannot speak to that. If you can find the stuff on deep discount and/or good sales, then its good gear for the money. If you are just going online and buying MSRP from the ground up on a clothing system, I would probably look to Sitka, FL or Kuiu.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I have a lot of gear. I have owned Kuiu, Sitka, Under Armour and Kryptek. I have primarily kept Sitka and Kryptek and have a ton of each. My experience with them is very positive. I’m VERY hard in gear and have had NO problems with construction. I’ve found the Kryptek Dalibor and the Cadog are the quietest pieces I own between Kryptek and Sitka and have been extremely impressive in terms of construction, stitching and quality. I also own vellus jackets, vest and pants. I find that it is noisier than I had expected due to the membrane, but it is not more noisy than the Sitka Fanatic which I have. After a few washing the vellus got A LOT quieter. I also find that I really like the Kryptek Aquillo jacket. It might be my favorite piece. I also am very happy with the Koldo rain gear. More so than Sitka. I can recommend Kryptek. I’m very happy and the 20+ pieces I own are used more than most of my stuff. The only items I use as much are Sitka Timberline pants and the Jetstream jacket. I own about 12-15 Sitka items so I have experience with each brand and each has it use. I did not keep the KuIu. Seemed fine but a bit loud and not super durable. Under Armour is fairly impressive. Though it doesn’t get much respect around here for some reason.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Google “Top Priority Hunting Kryptek” as they did a number if reviews of Kryptek gear on YouTube. Jordan Budd of Rokside also reviewed Kryptek gear and so did Aaron Snyder. All had positive reviews. But no brand is perfect. Good luck.

sneaky

"DADDY"
i'd say its just ok. I have a pair of their super lightweight Valhalla pants, they are pretty much shredded after 2 seasons of use. Button came off, seam stitching is kinda coming apart, etc. Now, I have been hard on them for sure, but they were retailed at $99 I think? As a comparison, I have a couple pair of Prana Zions that I have used longer and also use for day to day wear, and they are really no worse for the wear. Their merino seems to stand up better than some of the other brands i have tried though. I have a couple base layer shirts from their original hoplite line I think when they first came out, and other than the camo pattern being faded, they are still in great shape. I also have the koldo and Vellus set. Both have held up good. The koldo rain gear is decent, but it is heavy, and bulky, so in recent years its not really seen much use. I use the Vellus quite a bit for whitetails out east, and chasing rabbits when it is super cold. The only problem I have with it, even though its fleece, is you still have to be careful about noise. Since its waterproof and windproof, there is an internal layer, that when you have your hands in your pockets, or you move just right, can still make noise. Overall, I have used their stuff for a few years now, and always buy it on clearance or sales, so don't feel too bad about things. I started buying their stuff when they came out because they really marketed up the whole veteran owned aspect, which I really liked as a veteran myself. Ive owned a few things from Firstlite and Kuiu as well, and would say Krypteks overall quality is slightly behind them. I've not tried their Altitude line so cannot speak to that. If you can find the stuff on deep discount and/or good sales, then its good gear for the money. If you are just going online and buying MSRP from the ground up on a clothing system, I would probably look to Sitka, FL or Kuiu.
They'll warranty those Valhalla pants if you contact them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm drifting toward more of their stuff than Kuiu or Firstlite. Maybe SixSite as well. SKRE?

I've found the Kryptek stuff I have to be comfortable and quiet and reasonably durable. Ragnar pants and Firstlite Aerowool bottoms are fine for me currently in late archery elk. I like the pocket arrangement and knee pad pockets if you need them. Or you can go with the Altitude stuff $$$$.

mcseal2

WKR
The Kryptek Dalibor 2 pants and jacket are as tough and have held up as well as anything I've owned. I have all the major brands. My original Dalibor 2 jacket is at least 4 years old now, maybe older. I liked it enough I got to wearing it working on the ranch and hunting. I washed it this fall and it looks damn near new again. It's heavier and quieter than some of the newer stuff and at least as durable. The cut is more "Cabelas" and less athletic than most of the mountain gear of the other brands in my experience. I don't size up like I would with Kuiu or Sitka.

I've fixed a lot of barb wire fence in the Dalibor 2 jacket and it has no big rips or holes, I can't even say that about my Filson Packer jacket or Carhardt coats. The stretch in the material lets me know I'm snagged before it rips. I really wish I could buy that jacket in a brown or tan non-camo version for work.

tdhanses

WKR
I never had an issue with any Kryptek stuff, tried to wear it out and just sold it because I moved more to first lite. I would use their stuff again for sure.

twall13

WKR
I seem to collect a few Kryptek pieces every year. I really like a few of their gloves better than any other I've tried, though the models I have experience with are discontinued this year. The Norlander gloves are the most usable, comfortable mid-weight gloves I've ever found. Thick as they are I can still squeeze a trigger with them on. I like the fit of the Krypton gloves as well.

The Aquillo is my go to puffy and the sale price of the Lykos II makes it a steal. I also really like the Sherpa fleece. In my opinion it's very comparable to the first lite Klamath but has the thumb holes I wish the Klamath had. I have a Kratos vest as well that I don't love but overall I've been very happy with the Kryptek pieces I've tried. Great camo pattern and good quality materials. I frequently find Kryptek pieces for a much better price than First Lite, Sitka, etc. The fit may be a bit different than those brands but I take it piece by piece and only get the ones I think will work for me.

I still prefer First Lite base layers and their Aerowool. I like my First Lite Corrugate guide pants and Sitka Timberline pants a lot so I've never tried any Kryptek pants.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
I wish the Aquillo was cut longer, I have a long torso and sold mine because of that. The Norlander gloves are great though, that's a good point.

I also love Aerowool base layers.

twall13

WKR
I wish the Aquillo was cut longer, I have a long torso and sold mine because of that. The Norlander gloves are great though, that's a good point.

I also love Aerowool base layers.
I have a long torso as well and agree the Aquillo could stand to be an inch or two longer but it's not too bad for me and should work great for most guys. The length of the arms on it are sufficient for my ape arms and I like the rest of the fit and the hood. It has a great DWR coating; I think Kryptek does a better job than most with the DWR.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Djc21

FNG
I really like KRYPTEK. I have never owned any of the other big name brands, so I can’t speak to it. I currently have the koldo jacket, Poseidon pants, hoplite top & bottoms, Sherpa hoody, chronos hoody, & the reversible inferno vest. I really like the athletic cut of their stuff being 6’3” & 200lbs. It fits me great. My next pieces will be the Dalibor set & a puffy jacket. I really wish they would not have discontinued the aquillo. The altitude line looks awesome but is way out of my price range.

OP
Bigfootcali
I really like KRYPTEK. I have never owned any of the other big name brands, so I can’t speak to it. I currently have the koldo jacket, Poseidon pants, hoplite top & bottoms, Sherpa hoody, chronos hoody, & the reversible inferno vest. I really like the athletic cut of their stuff being 6’3” & 200lbs. It fits me great. My next pieces will be the Dalibor set & a puffy jacket. I really wish they would not have discontinued the aquillo. The altitude line looks awesome but is way out of my price range.
I'm looking into kryptek for my first big name purchase and there is alot to them that i like and love vs the other names i have looked into. I started out looking into kuiu then researched other brands like sitka and firstlite but overall have always zeroed in on krytek. My only thing is pattern,the highlander is there main pattern but i also like the mandrake now I'm in California and will hunt higher elevations in august for muleys,then plan on going to idaho or arizona in the further to do some otc hunts.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Djc21

FNG
KRYPTEK has some really exciting products coming out in ‘19/20. Check out the latest “built to hunt” podcast with the KRYPTEK founders & staff. Looking forward for more innovation from KRYPTEK for this north Georgia boy. 😄

My favorite pieces are the Allios pants with the knee pads and the Sherpa grid fleece hoodie. There is a lot of adjustment in the knee pad pockets, usually don’t like pants with built in knee pads. They are very durable pants with tons of storage pockets

OP
Bigfootcali
My favorite pieces are the Allios pants with the knee pads and the Sherpa grid fleece hoodie. There is a lot of adjustment in the knee pad pockets, usually don’t like pants with built in knee pads. They are very durable pants with tons of storage pockets
How are those pants for the summer here in California.