Clothing storage

ofl0926

WKR
Hey what’s up everyone. So my once to be man cave is being converted into my soon to be sons room. He will be here at the end of March. So I have been moving all my stuff into my single car garage. So with the thought process of saving space, I’ve been putting shelves on the garage wall. Now comes the question, how can I store my hunting clothes in the garage? Totes? Looking for all option. We have a smaller home, closest are not big. So the garage is where it needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Except for wool items (which are kept in plastic totes to protect them from moths), I use a covered garment rack which keeps my hunting clothing clean, well-organized, and out of the way:

View attachment 82965

Sandusky Lee MGR3511771 Steel Garment Rack with Canvas Cover, 35" Width x 71" Height x 18" Length, Black: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I like the tote idea. I might use some space saver bags as well. I am wondering if it will be ok to use those spacer saver bags with my first lite sanctuary set. I imagine puffy coats are a no no for these bags.

I would love to use that rack but I have no space for it in my garage. It’s a single car packed with a big safe, freezer, big work bench, rolling tool box, generator and crap loads of other stuff.

The big ziplock space saver bags that you can vacuum down to almost nothing work well when storing clothing between seasons. But I find them to be a pain to use during the season. So I bought one of the weather tight storage trunks. During the off-season I can vacuum things down in the bags and store them away in the trunk and totes. During the season, I use the trunk to loosely store the items I don't use much and a lined military style duffel bag that I keep in the seat of my pickup for the frequently used items.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/re...thertight-storage-trunk#repChildCatid=1186787

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, all I use is plastic totes. Duckhunting, Bowhunting, Cold weather Gear, Ice fishing clothing. They all go into totes in the garage. The joys of having a small 3 bedroom house with soon to be kid#2!!

The big ziplock space saver bags that you can vacuum down to almost nothing work well when storing clothing between seasons. But I find them to be a pain to use during the season. So I bought one of the weather tight storage trunks. During the off-season I can vacuum things down in the bags and store them away in the trunk and totes. During the season, I use the trunk to loosely store the items I don't use much and a lined military style duffel bag that I keep in the seat of my pickup for the frequently used items.

Remington SIA 760D Heavy Duty Weathertight Storage Trunk | Academy

The vacuum bags are definitely awesome when you know that you won't need your stuff for a long while (>6 months?)

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
So I spoke to the ppl at First Lite, they said sanctuary set in space saver vacuum bags is good to go. Don’t have to worry about it being damaged

Black ziploc storage totes that have foam seals. Keep the light off of them. I also put in a box of baking powder to absorb odors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
Our house is 1200 sq ft and both of our kids have their own room. My wife said the garage was mine for whatever I wanted (a small section was turned into a laundry room before we bought it, so it isnt big enough to park a car in anyways) So I have converted the whole thing (in the process of anyways) I have built shelves, added a desk, found a cheap TV stand and turned it into a clothes storage hanger with totes. I'll try to post some pictures tonight even though it is still being cleaned and organized!

setch

WKR
Yep, all I use is plastic totes. Duckhunting, Bowhunting, Cold weather Gear, Ice fishing clothing. They all go into totes in the garage. The joys of having a small 3 bedroom house with soon to be kid#2!!

I do this as well. I throw in some grass, dirt and a few sticks just to keep them fresh

I do this as well. I throw in some grass, dirt and a few sticks just to keep them fresh

Totes here too.

I clean the hell out of the inside when I first get them and then wipe with a no scent spray on the inside and dry thoroughly. I have some pine boughs and other crap to keep them fresh inside. I make sure what goes in them is dry and they stay ina part of basement where there is a dehumidifier running.