How small will a FL Chamberlain pack?

mcseal2

WKR
I am thinking of adding a warmer puffy to my line up than my LPP after this deer season. We had multiple days of high humidity, wind, and temps right around freezing. The damp air chills me more than dry air that's much colder. I spotted deer moving on my walk in to spots I planned to sit and had to spend a lot of time on hilltops without cover waiting them out. The LPP is warm and with my other layers kept me reasonably warm but I could have stood to be warmer. I layered my LPP over a Uncompaghre vest and had a HPG Mountain Serape over the top of it all one day and was glad to have all of it. That day we had freezing drizzle on top of the cold wind.

I read a review that a Chamberlain takes up half of an Exo 3500's main pocket? I use that pack also would prefer not to use that much of it's capacity on one item. Just curious for those of you who have one how small it gets in a stuff sack. Thanks.

If it is just loose in a pack it takes up a lot of room.
I'm not sure how small it will get. I need to get a sack for mine.
Also are there any concerns of it losing some warmth from being crammed and crushed into a tight bag?

i.php

i.php

I sewed up a quick bag for the size large chamberlain.
Could go smaller for sure but here is an example at least I guess.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
It does not go too small. I think the photo above is pretty accurate.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Thanks very much, that pic shows me what I need to know.

ChrisAU

WKR
I have mine along with Uncompahgre puffy pants in a 10L dry bag with room to roll the top 3-4 times. It is a substantial piece and I was surprised it got that small. Had the Sitka Kelvin pants and OG Kelvin hoodless jacket and it was a tighter squeeze with the Sitka stuff that was the same weight but seemed to have less loft.