Switching to Sitka

The north branch and catalyst is FL version of the Jetstream. They have a windstopper like membrane. They stop wind and are almost waterproof.

Sanctuary and woodbury are also windproof. Unchomphagre is also windproof.

From everything I've seen, the catalyst does not have a membrane in it but a tightly woven face fabric that cuts down on wind. There is a difference. The approach the catalyst takes typically works for me (i use kuiu chinook) and offers a little more breathability than a full membrane. I'd look at the windstopper options if I spent more time exposed to the wind.

Uncompahgre is also a wind resistant jacket but far from windproof. Can't comment on the whitetail jackets (sanctuary / woodbury).

I have this jacket and I can assure you, it's not windproof.

I have had 3 unchomphagres, and in my experience they are windproof.

- - - Updated - - -

From everything I've seen, the catalyst does not have a membrane in it but a tightly woven face fabric that cuts down on wind. There is a difference. The approach the catalyst takes typically works for me (i use kuiu chinook) and offers a little more breathability than a full membrane. I'd look at the windstopper options if I spent more time exposed to the wind.

Uncompahgre is also a wind resistant jacket but far from windproof. Can't comment on the whitetail jackets (sanctuary / woodbury).

I stand corrected on the catalyst. I was told they were suppose to replace to north branch, but I have no experience with that.

My experience the uncompongre is that it is windproof. The caveat being the upper portion of the jacket that is made of polyester. I think they did that for breathability? Maybe? It does allow wind to penetrate the upper layer and cool the insulation, but the backer (the inside of the jacket) is a pertex like fabric that is essentially windproof. I have never felt a cool chill penetrating this jacket like have with others.

The woodbury/sanctuary does have a waterproof/windproof membrane sandwiched in the center of the jackets and are windproof.

tlkaetz

WKR
I just sold my Uncompahgre Puffy to a fellow Rokslider. I was really unimpressed with the warmth of the puffy. It did not block the wind very well IMHO.

JD619er

WKR
Neither the north brand or catalyst have a windstopper like membrane. The catalyst is actually advertised the exact opposite. "Two layers extremely quiet and breathable softshell"

Neither the north brand or catalyst have a windstopper like membrane. The catalyst is actually advertised the exact opposite. "Two layers extremely quiet and breathable softshell"

The north branch does have a membrane.

The catalyst does not.