Kuiu super down ultra pants no fly.

It has no fly. I bought them and like them, but I pee a lot when hunting and not having a fly is a pain.

I'm thinking of returning them for the pros which are a fair bit heavier, probably warmer and have a fly and are more expensive.

Trying to decide if I ought to just suck it up and keep em. Or if I'll be kicking myself down the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to know, old model had a fly. I grew to hate that about the kenai pants and had a zipper fly made. That’s probably not a feasible option with the down pants. I would return them if you still can.

OP
silverbullet555
Good to know, old model had a fly. I grew to hate that about the kenai pants and had a zipper fly made. That’s probably not a feasible option with the down pants. I would return them if you still can.
I don't know why they would do that. It just makes no sense.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why they would do that. It just makes no sense.

Not sure myself. The zipper I added was about half an ounce. Overall cost is my best guess. The new shell material in the ultra maybe? Both the pants and jacket jumped in price, the jacket lost the chest pocket.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Half ounce is a half ounce. Do that on a few items and you've saved a quarter pound....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Half ounce is a half ounce. Do that on a few items and you've saved a quarter pound....

You could start a tend and leave zippers off everything. Convenience isn't worth wieght

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
silverbullet555

True.

Also, it's not the 1/2 oz on the zipper. It's the 8 oz increase to get their next level up. I might just go with something else.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You could start a tend and leave zippers off everything. Convenience isn't worth wieght

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Not me, I carry too much shit already lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
True.

Also, it's not the 1/2 oz on the zipper. It's the 8 oz increase to get their next level up. I might just go with something else.

I mean, they left it off so it would meet their ultra light spec. They are leaving it up to you to decide if the inconvenience of taking a leak is worth the extra money and 8oz in weight.

OP
silverbullet555
I mean, they left it off so it would meet their ultra light spec. They are leaving it up to you to decide if the inconvenience of taking a leak is worth the extra money and 8oz in weight.

Taking a leak is worth a little extra money, but I'm not convinced it's worth 8 oz. I've got time to think on that and to explore nunatek skaha custom pants.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nunatak makes some cool gear

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
Kryptek puffy pants probably aren’t quite as warm, but they are pretty light and have a fly. One of my favorite pieces of gear.