Any rumors?

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
I heard they are looking to use more realistic models in their ads this year. A little bit more dad bod and a few more beer guts. I took the liberty of sending them some semi nude photos of myself. I haven’t heard back but I am sure they are just busy with year end sales and stuff.

I think I saw those pics online. Some things you cannot unsee.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Haha I always found it funny when 2XL+ guys go complaining about how tight stuff is when buying from camo companies aimed at delivering athletic sized technical camo. Wasn't that the whole premise of lots of these brands.

It wasn't until later that they realized they could sell $600 jackets to "extreme" hunters crawling into their box blinds.
I heard they are looking to use more realistic models in their ads this year. A little bit more dad bod and a few more beer guts. I took the liberty of sending them some semi nude photos of myself. I haven’t heard back but I am sure they are just busy with year end sales and stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Another vote for side zips.

How about a zip off base layer. Kuiu has a badass 3/4 length pair that I love but they are starting to die on me. Awesome to take them off or put them on without removing pants or boots.

Hip zips on pants and zip off bottom layers are the easy money updates. Whether they can swallow their pride enough to do it remains to be seen.

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
I heard rumor of a $1000+ jacket to work with the $1000 waders. With coupons you should be able to kit out completely in Sitka for under $10k.

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
I was thinking the new gear for 2018 was started to leak out in early January. Is that what you remember?

Waiting to see what happens to the fanatic pieces.

WJS23

WKR
They stopped offering the timberlines in moss for 2018 and I hope the bring it back for 2019

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any rumors on what Sitka will bring for 2019?

What would you like to know specifically? All of the 2019 Sitka Gear for Subalpine and Open Country are available now for pre-order on our site. We have included as much information as possible on the products pages. Pre-orders will be shipping out late April.

sneaky

"DADDY"
What would you like to know specifically? All of the 2019 Sitka Gear for Subalpine and Open Country are available now for pre-order on our site. We have included as much information as possible on the products pages. Pre-orders will be shipping out late April.
2 different Sitka reps at the shows told me that the Traverse pants were going to be $149. Did they cancel that idea and decide $169 was the final price? That kinda pisses me off that two different reps fed me a line of BS face to face. Still way cheaper than the Apex and Mountain pants, it's just the principle of the thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
2 different Sitka reps at the shows told me that the Traverse pants were going to be $149. Did they cancel that idea and decide $169 was the final price? That kinda pisses me off that two different reps fed me a line of BS face to face. Still way cheaper than the Apex and Mountain pants, it's just the principle of the thing.

Unfortunately before show season the spreadsheet Sitka was distributing had the Traverse Pants at $149. I believe production costs were higher than they expected, so the price was increased to $169 when they printed their official catalogs.

It's frustrating that would make a change like that after info has been released. It makes us look bad and hurts customers.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Unfortunately before show season the spreadsheet Sitka was distributing had the Traverse Pants at $149. I believe production costs were higher than they expected, so the price was increased to $169 when they printed their official catalogs.

It's frustrating that would make a change like that after info has been released. It makes us look bad and hurts customers.
Yeah, in no way was I holding anything against you guys. That's out of your control. Just a bummer that they said that production costs were lower blah blah blah and then it stays with the catalog price. Had us all excited for a deal on pants lol.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah, in no way was I holding anything against you guys. That's out of your control. Just a bummer that they said that production costs were lower blah blah blah and then it stays with the catalog price. Had us all excited for a deal on pants lol.

I just got some good news from our Sitka rep that the catalogs were actually miss-priced for the Traverse Pant, they are supposed to be $149. Glad we were able to sort out the confusion.

Caspar

Lil-Rokslider
im sure im in the minority here but i wish sitka would offer a different camo pattern in their whitetail line. i love their clothing but hate the elevated 2 pattern. the stratus and fanatic is exactly what i want in an outfit (windproof and quiet) but i wont buy it because of the pattern. i dont always hunt from 20ft up in a treestand. i spend half my time on the ground in brushpiles, blow downs and rocks.

sneaky

"DADDY"
im sure im in the minority here but i wish sitka would offer a different camo pattern in their whitetail line. i love their clothing but hate the elevated 2 pattern. the stratus and fanatic is exactly what i want in an outfit (windproof and quiet) but i wont buy it because of the pattern. i dont always hunt from 20ft up in a treestand. i spend half my time on the ground in brushpiles, blow downs and rocks.
I killed a good buck wearing elevated II from the ground this year. Nothing wrong with that pattern for ground level hunting.