First Lite Uncompahgre Jacket Fit Question

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
To anyone out there running the Uncompahgre jacket from First Lite -
I'm about to order it but I could use some input on the sizing. I heard it runs big. I wear XL in their base layer and mid layer shirts but 2XL in their soft shell and rain jacket due to length (long arms). The body on the 2XL items is a little big but not bad and the length is just right. Any advice will help. Trying to avoid having to exchange it if at all possible. Thanks!

I would size down if I were you. I am a large in pretty much everything, and I just picked up a large one from a fellow Rokslider that's too big for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
Im 5'11 Hoover around 190-200# broad shoulders and I run the xl, tried a Lrg but had issues with the shoulders being to restrictive. I wear Lrg in chama, Lano and the fleece hoody Klamath with no issue. I do have some extra room in the waist area of the uncompaghre but it's not horrible.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
D

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
matthewmt,
If you didn't have to go up in size because of the shoulder issue do you think the XL would fit well? Basically if you had a build like mine would you still have to go a size larger than your base and mid layer? Thanks.

ChrisAU

WKR
I’m 5’ 11’ 200 and I think the Large fits great, as I wear Large in all FL items except for the Cirrus, XLthere.

matthewmt

WKR
A call to FL may be the answer, they would know better than me. Should be able to get through pretty easy and even order it at the same time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely size down. I'm 5'8 185 with wide shoulders and athletic build and a medium fits me great. I'd be swimming in my normal Large.

blasterak

FNG
Size down for sure, wish I did when I bought mine a bit too baggy for my liking. I'm normally XL but in the Unpronounceable a large would have fit way better.

ChrisAU

WKR
Chance these were re-sized in the last couple years? Swear my large fits just like the others, got a new Chamberlin yesterday, its a large and fits the same as my Uncompahgre.

rwurdeman

FNG
Desert Dan definitely size down. All of my tops are in large from FL but a medium Uncompahgre. I switched from KUIU to all FL this season and have been extremely impressed. The Uncompahgre is an awesome jacket.

rblosser

Lil-Rokslider
Size down, i started with a large and had to return for a medium. 5'9" 185

letrbuck

WKR
We seem to be in a similar boat. I usually size up for jackets. I typically wear a medium in any shirt or mid layer and get a large jacket. For the Uncompahgre I got a medium based on it running large. Glad I did. It fits about like a large jacket for other companies I have. So I would size it to what you wear in FL baselayers

tlkaetz

WKR
Size down. I am 5'10 180lbs. I could layer my large Uncompahgre over a light merino SS top, Sitka Core Heavy Weight Hoody & Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody before I sold it. It definitely runs very big.

Scamper

FNG
I'm a large in everything FL, and have a large uncompaghre. I run it over a couple layers and I think it fits just about right. Got it a couple years ago so something might have changed of late

ChrisAU

WKR
Just sold mine as I don’t have a place for it in my system, but I put it on again before boxing it up. I have a couple large Wicks, a Kiln, Furnace, Klamath, Uncompahgre Vest, Woodbury, Corrugate Guide Jacket, Sawtooth Vest, and Chamberlin all in large and they all fit the same as the Uncompahgre Jacket I have/had. Cirrus is the only odd fit, and it is size up. Have it in XL.

OP
D

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Ok thanks for all the input fellas. I went ahead and sized down so when it arrives on Tuesday I'll find out for sure and check in. I hope it arrives Tuesday at least. It left Utah for Arizona and apparently just left Nashville haha. How that routing happened I have no idea. Holiday shipping...

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update for anyone who might be in the same boat I was...
After departing Utah, bound for Arizona, and taking a detour to Nashville, the jacket arrived a day EARLY. Well done, FedEx, well done. I tried it on right away and put it on over a t-shirt to get close to the 150 hoody or Kiln QZ, then the Halstead Tech Fleece in 2XL, then the Uncompahgre, which was XL in keeping with almost all the recommendations.
Everyone was right. I'm 6'4" and pretty long so my main concern with the XL was length in the body but mostly in the arms. As I mentioned in the earlier post I wear XL in base and mid layer but had to exchange the Vaporlight rain jacket for 2XL because it was too short. I need that and the Catalyst in 2XL but the Uncompahgre in XL is a really REALLY good fit even over those two layers.
So in case anyone is on the taller side and interested I really like it. Plenty of reviews on its performance so there's no secret there. Thanks again to everyone who chipped in!
Good luck to all the Arizona late rifle and OTC archery hunters!

dan

I have found that in outer wear from FL I go true to size, but base layers I size down. This has always suited me well, but I have a few bulky base layers that are not FL and I want to be able to accommodate them. The outerwear has the ability to cinch closed and will still do the job with a little bit of room in there. I do echo what others have said though, call first lite and ask the question. I have done that many times and they always have been more than helpful!

MEDIUM A NO-GO

5'8" 170. Short legs and long waist. I wear large for all shirts, etc. Medium jacket fit a bit too slim for me in the sleeves and neck. Hands in pockets pulled down the jacket on my neck. Returning for a large and will report back.

I like jackets to hang over my butt a little and to have plenty of room around the neck and shoulders. The medium left plenty of room from mid-chest down to my stomach in front, but those sleeves were just too tight and about a 1/2 inch shorter than I like. Bottom of jacket was just below the top of my pants. The neck, when zipped, was really uncomfortable when I put my hands in my pockets. Almost perfect otherwise, but just enough discomfort to make medium a no-go.

My measurements:
5'8" 170, muscular build
SHIRT
SLEEVE: 32-33
CHEST: 42

PANTS
WAIST: 35 at smallest location
WAIST PANT LEVEL: 35
HIPS: 37.5 at max
INSEAM: 31

Latest posts

Featured Video