Heading west, Sitka Rain Gear - Downpour or?

11bhank

FNG
Currently have the Sitka downpour set. I live in the Midwest primarily as a whitetail hunter. For a week out of the year I’m planning on making a trip out west to hunt mule deer second rifle season. Any reason I would need any thing different for rain gear? I don’t really want to spend the extra money if I don’t have to.
Set up would be:
-Core base layer
-core bottom
-timberline or mountain pant
-Core mid weight
-Core heavyweight hoody
-Kelvin down hoody
-Downpour jacket
-Downpour pant
Mainly be hunting from a base camp but keep lightweight shelter and sleeping bag in my bag in case I wanted to spend the night away from base camp. The downpour seems to be completely water proof. I just don’t see any reason to buy another set besides shaving some weight. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rifle or bow?

Reason I ask is I think the fleeced face of the downpour really is supposed to shine up close where noise on rain gear is an issue from bow range. I have seen a few comments that suggested it worked but not as well as a more traditional fabric.

I looked at it and opted for the cloudburst. I would call it midweight stuff but it seems pretty durable so far. It also is only a couple of ounces heavier than my FL gen 1 stormtight jacket.

tracker12

WKR
I have hunted co since mid 80s. Lots of times during 2nd. Rifle. Never ever remember hitting rain. Snow on occasion. Yourbe fine with what you have.