Base layer merino hoodie?

Does anyone make an ultra light merino base layer with a 1/4 or 1/2 zip and a hood?

I’ve ran the FL 1/2 zip and like it except I would like a light weight hood for the mornings

My hunting is during August and September so cool in the mornings but can get warm during the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out first lites site, they have all different weights of base layer merino with hoods

Forest

WKR
The sitka apex is a merino/synthetic combo, I don't have it yet but is likely next on my list. Not sure it falls into the "lightweight" category tho, maybe someone else can chime in on that. I'm guessing it's more like a midweight... With sitka's baselayers on sale I would guess they are coming out with some new options in 2019.

OP
T
Bummer, I’ve been checking First Lite, Kuiu and Skre the last few days and none of the zipped hoodies are light enough for early September hunting

bruno59

WKR
X2 on the 230 blackovis hoodie wore mine this year in montana in sept. bow season but it was cool this year in montana should work in warmer weather by using the zipper

OP
T
I dont consider 230 to be light weight tho.
Your wilken is prob 140.

Actually I believe I have the llano but you’re right around 140. I’d like to stay near that because 140 can get hot at times too

If you are not absolutely married to merino give the Sitka lightweight hoodie a look. I primarily wear merino from first lite but wanted to give the core hoodie a try. I am a very stinky guy but I’ve gotta say, for very warm weather, the core lightweight is the best thing I’ve ever worn. By far my favorite hot weather piece. Hunted with it several days and tbhad no bad smell. Dries insanely fast and breathes better than anything I’ve ever worn, in any activity field. It is a zip and a hoodie and is only like 7 oz or something stupid like that.

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
If your heart isn't set on the hoody and zipper you could give the FL 150 hoody a try. Otherwise there's the 250 also. I have the 150 and it's my favorite piece so far. I literally use it for every season either by itself in the summer months or under multiple layers as it gets colder. The hood is perfect for keeping my neck and ears out of the sun while glassing.