Sitkas Elevated II Pattern

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
So I live in North Alabama and I have recently purchased quite a few articles of the Sitkas Elevated II pattern. So far I am extremely happy with the overall performance of the clothing from a stand point of warmth, moves well with the hunter, designed with the hunter in mind. The pattern thought still throws me off. I guess that is because I am so used to the mossy oaks, real tree, etc. There are nothing wrong with those patterns but they are very different in contrast with the Sitka Elevated II. What is everyones opinion on this pattern if using out west either in Wyoming or New Mexico to hunt elk on a spot and stalk hunt? Now I know what a lot of you will say about playing the wind, my dad killed more deer wearing the elmer fudd jacket, etc. and I don't want to hear that. I understand all of the arguments behind those subjects. I have bought the clothes, I like them now I want to focus on what I have and how others think or know it will perform out west. Thanks

I don't think you will have any problems using the Elevated pattern for out West hunting. Sitka developed the specialty patterns Elevated, Open Country, etc to try to maximize their effect on blending into the surrounding terrain or tree limbs and canopies. I use some Elevated pattern stuff when hunting out West, and can't say it affected my success either way.
You summed it up pretty well when you said you bought them and you like them, that's most important. Have a good hunt, and don't worry too much about having the wrong pattern, because I really don't think it makes a hill of beans. Both patterns look pretty darn close to each other. Since I do most of my hunting out West chasing Elk, the majority of my Sitka stuff is Open Country. As I weed out the Elevated pattern, I will replace it with Open Country. That's if Sitka hasn't discontinued it by then.
Seems like Sitka is always coming out with a different pattern, so one could go broke trying to keep up.

Btaylor

WKR
I wear it here for deer and turkey and out west for elk. And if you need another way to look at it, at least where I hunt in CO, you are plenty freakin elevated for what us flatlanders are used too.:D

Squirrels

WKR
I found I got busted a lot in a tree when I wore it, and I'm talking zero movement on my end....I don't own any of it anymore.

Trial153

WKR
I have arrowed all kinds of deer it. For that matter I have done the same in Solids. Anytime I got picked off it was my fault.

Brendan

WKR
Regarding using it for whitetail: I think it works and blends in great in the type of trees I hunt, especially in the late season. Subalpine blends in better early season before the leaves are down.

What I'd be worried about using EVII out west is the specific pieces of gear. Most of it is designed for tree stand hunting, not being active and moving around.