First Lite's 2016 Rain Gear Review, by Matt Wymer (and win your own!!)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

We've all heard the buzz about First Lite's new rain gear- the Vapor Stormlight and the SEAK Stormtight. Well the first Rokslide review is in from Matt Wymer who resides in Alaska (a great test bed for anything waterproof).

Also, First Lite is going to outfit one ROKSLIDE MEMBER with his choice of either The Vapor Stormlight or SEAK Stormtight Rain Jackets, valued at $300-$425 (depending on your choice)!

To enter:
1) Read the review (link at bottom)
2) Post on this thread what state/species you'll be needing a great set of rain gear for
3) Wait....

Sometime next week, I'll draw from the FIRST 50 eligible (A Rokslide member, no double entries, or any other shady entry deals) and announce the winner on this thread. You'll have 24 hours to claim it or I'll pull another winner, so it would be wise to subscribe at the top of post at "Thread Tools" if you think you might not be on Rokslide next week (you will receive notifications when people post, FYI).

2016 First Lite Raingear Review

Last edited:

PNWGATOR

WKR
This rain gear sounds and looks fantastic!

Would put it to hard use in Idaho hunting elk, deer, bear and waterfowl.

Trial153

WKR
Newfoundland, moose
Ohio, whitetail
Kansas, whitetail
New Mexico, mule deer

Thanks for the opportunity and the great review!

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
Having used these rain jackets for fishing, did you find that they absorb the smell of fish like Gore-Tex seems to do? Would you think that you could use the same jacket for fishing and hunting without carrying the smell from fishing with you?

mlawrence125

Lil-Rokslider
Delaware: Whitetail
New Jersey: Whitetail/Black Bear
New York: Whitetail/Black Bear/Small Game

Thank you for the opportunity for some great gear. Fall in the northeast has a tendency to be very wet and cold. Look forward to getting after it every year though!

ElkBoss

FNG
I'm in! I've loved the original First Lite rain gear.

Elk in Utah and Idaho and Fly Fishing in Western Oregon!

twall13

WKR
Utah: Elk/Mule Deer with some upland and waterfowl mixed in.

Awesome, thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited: