Wrangler hiking pants

Found a different pair to try at walmart that seems like a good outdoor pant. Made by Swiss tech. Kind of a stretch poly 5 pocket. Called the travel pant. $17.66
1ec059b5630cf9a53073cd616452f689.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

adamm88

WKR
Found a different pair to try at walmart that seems like a good outdoor pant. Made by Swiss tech. Kind of a stretch poly 5 pocket. Called the travel pant. $17.66
1ec059b5630cf9a53073cd616452f689.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How do these fit? Loose or more like skinny jeans or just a regular fit?

sbsyncro

FNG
I just finished two back to back 14 mile days and a 9 mile day. First day in the wranglers, second day in a pair of $100 Kryptek Valhalla pants. Morning temps in the low 40’s mid day temps around 75-80.

Guess what I put on the morning before the 3rd day...

25f677ee0dc6be9ad0404b5aa1f9f808.jpg

Definitely planning to buy a few more pairs of the Wranglers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
My local Walmart has these in stock. I’ve been looking for them since I bought a pair last summer when I was Salida CO. Scorched my pasty white legs in the Black Canyon and wore these for 3 days to keep the sun off. They do vary in waist size so I may be taking a pair back that I just bought.

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a pair of these fleece lined pants for stand hunting. Will report back.
Men's Outdoor Fleece Lined Pant | Mens Pants by Wrangler(R)

They also finally have the regular outdoor pant in 32x34 for you tall skinny folks like me. Only in smoke color though
I picked up a pair of these the other day. Wore them around yesterday. They are really comfortable and noticeably more warm. Big fan for crisp mornings.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
Went to Walmart yesterday and bought 2 pairs for me and 1 pair for my son.....they are really nice pants for the price.

Thank you Gerard for starting this thread and bringing these pants to my attention.

Always happy to find out about cost effective gear.

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Thank you Gerard for starting this thread and bringing these pants to my attention.

Always happy to find out about cost effective gear.

You are very welcome. I am glad other folks are seeing this and taking advantage. I am now to a point where I truly can’t stand wearing blue jeans and wear my wranglers any time I can!

Sturgeon

WKR
This the response I got from Wrangler in regards to any green camo pants being offered in a 34 inseam. Fingers crossed they offer it in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to write and for your interest in our VF Jeanswear products.

Unfortunately at this time, we are no longer offering NW780GC in a 34 inch inseam.

Please visit our website at Wrangler(R) | Official Site | Jeans & Apparel Since 1947 to find a comparable style or contact us at the toll free number below for further assistance.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well these have become my go to for casual, work, anything outdoors. I’ll probably miss my tiburons for mid summer but the wranglers are just thick enough for cool mornings and not horribly hot in the afternoon. With the peloton 200 underneath they are good down to 20 when active. After a few minutes sitting still it’s time for the puffy pants.

Another tough give up is the pockets compared to the hunting brands but going with two belt pockets my pack I can make it work.

No crotch gusset but I haven’t noticed any restrictions or seam failures.

The last two pairs I bought this year are quieter than previous years. A few washes and they’re quiet enough for hunting in most circumstances.

For work I’m around wrecked cars often and haven’t tore them so I have confidence with the durability.

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
I got a camo pair just because this past winter, and now I’ve got 4 pairs total. I wear them from 100° down to 50° with no issues. Excited to try them out in the mountains someday, just have no idea when that’ll be

bobinmi

WKR
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was going to start a post on these pants today. They are fantastic. I'm seriously debating whether i'm going to wear my $22 walmart wranglers or my $180 dollar first lite obsidians on my september elk hunt this year.