Sitka Gear Apex System review by Tony Trietch

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Just got back from the rd trip. Three months away is to long!

The Apex pant and Hoody served me well and after using them for the past three months, I can say I love the pants and really like the hoody. My only complaint is the size of the hood itself, it's just to tight around my head. If it were more like the Sitka Core HW hoody hood, I'd love it. That being said, It worked great and I killed wearing it.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
5111d4ffd8a5b41e88450b9f88337191.jpg

I killed this bull wearing the Apex pant and hoody. The mid September climate in CO was perfect with them on. I wore it in MT elk hunting as well up until October 12 with zero problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
Tony thanks for such a great review and all the feedback. I did have a couple questions I don’t think have been talked about here or in other reviews.

Is the entire pant DWR treated?

Is the entire hoody DWR treated or only the areas with Nylon?

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Tony thanks for such a great review and all the feedback. I did have a couple questions I don’t think have been talked about here or in other reviews.

Is the entire pant DWR treated?

Is the entire hoody DWR treated or only the areas with Nylon?

To my the best of my knowledge, the entire top and bottom are treated with DWR. Even after a few washes moisture would beed up on them. I expect that won't last forever but so far so good.