Black Diamond Alpine Light Pant Review, By Ross Russell

elkyinzer

WKR
Proper review. Outside of rokslide, rare is the review where gear is actually used, abused, and destroyed.

Check out Patagonia Field Pants for something that can really hold up to the crap. I don't know all the fabric terminology but they have cordura-like panels on them. Like the brush pants small game hunters wear, but far lighter and more comfortable. They stretch in the right places, fit is a little tight around my rear but I have some mass there. I was on a yearslong quest to find the perfect brush pant and these are the best I found.

I don't know what Northern ID is like, but out East here we have real jaggers that absolutely shred pants like my Sitka ascents or First Lite. Multiflora rose, greenbrier, blackberry, you name it, everything has thorns it seems. I've scouted, grouse and rabbit hunted, deer hunted, you name it for 2 years in mine and they don't have a hole in them yet. They are beasts. I really wish hunting gear companies made a similar pair. I think possibly Eddie Bauer does or did but not in the same price range.

If possible, could you compare the Black Diamonds to the Prana Zions?

The black diamond pants are totally different. Stretchy and light compared to prana Zion. I prefer the cut of the black diamond pants compared to the Zion. I also like the built in belt on the black diamond pants.
Both are good pants though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk