Mre?

KJH

WKR
Lived on them for months at a time once... Like Crocodiles Dundee says, " You can eat it but they taste like shit". They have too much packaging too. I just don't think I could choke one down anymore.

Only way to know for yourself is to try them.

There is an interesting guy on YouTube that eats and reviews MREs from all different countries and time periods. It’s quite entertaining and he knows way too much about MREs. Steve1989MREinfo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
There are usually at least 2500 calories per MRE they serve they're purpose but I would not eat another unless I had to. The eggs and omlets are the worst, probably a reason it's left over. Just know that this wet food is shelf stable for 8 yrs. Do you really want to eat that. The food thay govt serves the military is only approved for military and prison use. I did make a few bucks here and there betting I could eat the package of crackers on less than 2 minutes.

Also they changed the cheese sauce reicpie before I got out and it is now like a separated cheesy oily chunky mess in pretty sure thay cheese is one molecule off from becoming plastic. If anyone got the eggs they usually just ate the sides. I would rather eat the powdered eggs.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Thing that blows my mind is the civilian contractors we had on base that would hook you up waiving paperwork and fixing your sh#$ on the spot for a box of MREs they were gold to trade to the guys that didn't get them

Murdy

WKR
Are you talking about pooping out pellets? If not, please be more specific.

Not like a rabbit shits, like a rabbit IS -- fast!

Can't speak for the later ones, but some of the early ones were legendarily awful. Is first-generation Chicken Ala King still regarded as the worst of all time? -- pre filled barf bag basically.

(surprisingly, I didn't find some of the later generations of that one totally gross)

The omelet entree is famously terrible. Just toss that one. Some of the current ones are ok... on day one. But after a few days and into weeks eating them morning, noon, and night they all start to suck haha. Also, if you are backpacking they are pretty heavy since all the moisture is in them already. Definitely better choices out there... but of course, free is free.

Lurjukka

Banned
How cool to relax on the sea. Especially in the company of these girls. I rest with them to the fullest. None of my rest is complete without them, but all thanks to this service

Ranger185

FNG
If that's the original omelet, and I think it is, get rid of them. Probably well past the expiration by a decade or 2. If the outer packaging is dark brown, they are too old. If it's desert tan, you might be alright....but still toss them. Good for an emergency, but hunting, there are much better options.

And agreed with previous post of Chicken ala King...horrible. And the 4 fingers of death weren't any better (hotdogs for those that haven't had the joy of opening that package)

Lurjukka

Banned
It was a sweet time when I with friends allowed to make a little LGBT party ;) The pastime was epic! It was so cool to have a gay orgy in a luxury hotel room. Thereby, looking for boys here Gay News Feed| Menhdv, check this out!)

Pro953

WKR
Sorry to derail the thread but I do like the fact that the spammer hitting these threads took the time to put a avatar with a deer on it for his profile. I think it makes a nice personal touch to spamming. And I will agree with all of the above. Hard stop no on eating them them, unless you have teenage kids you can trick/bet into eating a pack. My 8 year old lost that bet. Ok back to the MRE humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk