Just ate my first Mountain House meal....

HookUp

WKR
For all the comments about the extra salt in mtn house, your body needs it during periods of physical activity and sweating. Mtn house isn't great but its cheap and gets the job done. I eat a justin pb packet and sometimes a beef stick with mine.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I just got done with an 8 day trip, I ate mountain house every night. I think they are pretty good. Some are better than others, but most of them are edible. I took in 2 packs of pre cooked bacon and added it to most of my meals. Nothing beats bacon in the backcountry. haha. Hot sauce and black pepper is also great to add to them. Salmon in the tuna fish looking packets is also pretty good to add to them.

I just got done with an 8 day trip, I ate mountain house every night. I think they are pretty good. Some are better than others, but most of them are edible. I took in 2 packs of pre cooked bacon and added it to most of my meals. Nothing beats bacon in the backcountry. haha. Hot sauce and black pepper is also great to add to them. Salmon in the tuna fish looking packets is also pretty good to add to them.

I agree. I'm a MH fan. Doubt I'll ever try another Backpacker's Pantry meal ever again after about 4 tries. I've yet to had a bad MH meal in over 7 years now.

Azone

WKR
All I know is after a few days to a week of Mountain House the local bar and grill or diner makes a killing off me and my friends the first night back in town. That being said some MH meals are good and some are.......better than starving I guess. Definitely try them before you take them!

You can purchase hot sauce packets on Amazon. I like sriracha and tapatio.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Utravur

Banned
I like that kind of things but my doc usually tells me that when i'm eating that, i'm getting of my diet and i had to get back on a reviews of Total Restore to get back in shape. But i just can't help eating that smoked meat and BBC, it's just so delicious. I'm aware that i've eaten it that much that it caused some health problems with me, but what is life you can't open crack a cold one with boys on backyard with BBC? I mean, i can't say no to that :cool:

matthewmt

WKR
Buddy has been getting the back county fuel box which I'll likely do this spring to start accumulating some different bars etc but a lot of the freeze dried stuff he's got has looked pretty good. Epsc the peak performance breakfast skillet. Said 39gr protein!
I picked up a MH bucket at Costco recently too so I have a good supply of it, but would like some more options for sure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

FLAK

WKR
I will not eat Mtn. House or MRE's by choice ever again. 2 many other options.
Instant grits, oatmeal, ramen noodle, Dried Fruit, Baby Bel Cheese,
Jerky, Bagels, tortillas, peanut butter, nuts, etc.....

Good advice flak. Mh house tends to stay with me for a few days. I’m bringing as much real food as I can next time.

I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer eat MH - tears up my guts
I can eat one every once in a while.

Heathers choice on the other hand turns my guts inside out. We tested them while hunting out of a tent campground. Everyone started using a different outhouse then me. Never again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I ate some MH this year along with some other brands. Going forward I will only be buying Pack it Gourmet for my meals. Tasted great and did not have problems after eating. MH tasted fine but isn't worth the stomach problems.

tlkaetz

WKR
Peak Refuel has been great this year (especially Chicken Alfredo)! I also preordered a bunch of the Off Grid Dinners and am still waiting on them.

I still love Mountain House (Biscuit & Gravy) and (Sweet & Sour Pork).

I get small packs of Tabasco or Sriracha and add to everything.