Heathers choice

ohoopee

WKR
Great customer service. I eat a variety of freeze dried meals
but heathers choice is my favorite. For some reason, I despised
their breakfast meals. I recently ordered the Salmon chowder
meals. The had that same unbearable taste the breakfast meals had.
I contacted them and asked what ingredients they both shared.
Powdered coconut milk. They said a few people have that
reaction and offered to refund my money. I was surprised
and appreciated the offer. I had replacement meals instead
and they had them to me in a week. I offered to send
two salmon chowders back.

I would like to pass the kindness on to a Sr. member who
has graciously shared their wealth of knowledge. So if there is
a Sr. member who would like to sample these please post an
Ill take it and pm me an address. No slight meant for Jr.
members but I would just like to thank someone who has
shared their time and knowledge and made me a better
hunter/outdoorsman.

Ohoopee

wildcat33

WKR
I had the same reaction to the breakfasts. Good to know that there are some other meals (besides salmon) that are good.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I had the same reaction to the breakfasts. Good to know that there are some other meals (besides salmon) that are good.

Dark Chili and the Doro Wat were good. Very unique flavors and a nice break from MH.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I specifically asked about the taste. I was told some people seem to really
dislike the powdered coconut but others were fine with it. Not all the meals
have that ingredient. Breakfast does.

mrgreen

WKR
I totally agree with ohoopee, awesome customer service but strange taste to the breakfasts. When I asked Heather about it, she very generously replaced them with Packaroons. Which are great!

fishslap

WKR
I like the packaroons but the salmon chowder was way too spicy for me, but others like it. I like spicy food but not on the mountain after hunting all day.

kaycohen8

FNG
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to discuss and share your feedback! My name is Kayleen and I'm the marketing coordinator at Heather's Choice. I have been with the company since our pre-Kickstarter days in 2015 and regularly eat and enjoy Heather's Choice meals and snacks on my own backcountry adventures. We are very receptive to hearing the feedback that you would like to share with us.

@ohoopee - Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our customer service team! It is our intention to ensure customers have the best experience possible with our products and staff.

If you would like to discuss obtaining a refund or exchanging a product, please contact us at [email protected]!

To discuss the flavor in the breakfasts and chowder meals... @ohoopee is correct, it is the coconut milk powder! This is feedback we occasionally receive from customers, especially customers with older product samples. We have learned that the coconut milk powder needs to be packaged separately to best preserve it's flavor and freshness. We're currently looking at packaging options and are planning to implement this change as soon as possible - which will hopefully increase the overall shelf-life of those meals as well!

Thank you all for your feedback!
Kayleen

Kinda funny, my wife and I both love the breakfast and the chowder but didn't really care for the others. Really liked the elk sheppard pie back in the day.

satchamo

WKR
I took the dark chocolate chilli and packaroons on my recent hunt and they were legit. I've had the salmon chowder and I don't recall it being spicy in the slightest but unfortunately they were sold out of it when I went to buy.

Can't wait for more meals to be released. Being able to pronounce everything on the ingredients list is amazing and they are like 1/3 the size of MH.