"real" peanut butter.

boom

WKR
i was a Jiffy guy. born and raised.

then i got married and my wife buys this stuff made by health stores. nothing but fresh ground nuts.

you bring the jar out and first order of business is to stir the oil back into the mix. a strong wrist and spoon are needed.

man, i am a convert. despite years of bitching and moaning, my wife wore me down. i cant even eat the other stuff anymore. it is so sweet. they must add sugar. elk camp this year, i flew in..i was at the mercy of my brothers shopping. you guessed it. JIFFY!

i just had an apple with some natural peanut butter for breakfast. it is so satisfying. man, i love the stuff. next year, i am putting a jar in my gun case. :)

K

Kootenay Hunter

I haven't found a natural one I like yet, I used whatever my wife gets once in a while.

The one we get seems to have chunks in it, so after stirring it up and splashing oil over my hands (great smell all day!) even once it's mixed up it's like spreading poorly mixed mortar onto toast.

I ate so much pb as a kid i can't stand the stuff nowadays, but i do like peanuts.

palm oil is made from palm tree fruit, the small nut-looking fruit that hangs in bunches.

I don’t eat much PB but I buy the pure peanut stuff for my dog. Put it in his Kong to keep him busy.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I like peanut butter, probably too much. I’ll give that natural a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCL

WKR
Love peanut butter. Wife buys the really healthy stuff from Natural Grocers or Wholefoods. If I purchase then it will probably be Homeplate.

Murdy

WKR
I'm not a big fan, but we got some from Costco (Kirkland Brand) and it was one of the few I didn't mind. Sounds like the stuff you are describing, need to stir it up before use. Probably a lot cheaper than a specialty foods store.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Nearby in portales there are 2 big peanut roasting facilities. I sometimes sustain off peanuts and beer for far too long. Last year they came out with a hatch Chile roasted peanuts that finally came back in stock so I got as much as I could carry in my arms. During the holidays they have samples of their different roasts and if you want they'll bring them up into peanutbutter on the spot.

All I sent back east for Christmas was peanut goods and everyone is excited for the shipment this year. Yes "real peanutbutter" is the cats meow

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Costco has a new one called NUTTZO. It is 7 nuts and seeds ground into "peanut butter" We are hooked. You do get some crunch from the Chia seeds but quickly ignore it. Healthy and good stuff.

nuttzzo , i'll have to try that,thanks,
yeah,the good natural stuff,you just have to keep stirring it so it does not set.
someday ,i'll try making some.
big sis says almonds are healthier than peanuts.

I like cashew butter but it is $$$. I bought one jar and have made it last. I like trying different types of nut butter, even though anything other than peanut butter does tend to be pretty pricey. There is also walnut butter, hazelnut butter, and sunbutter (made with sunflower seeds). "Justin's" little packets of nut butters are good to take hiking, and there are fun options like chocolate hazelnut or vanilla almond.

I also tend to buy the natural stuff - if you keep it in the fridge after stirring it, it doesn't separate again.

Personally I don't care for the natural stuff very much. Yes...it's oily and must be stirred and it's gritty and sticks like Spackle on my teeth....but the main reason it doesn't appeal to me in most of its variations is because it tends to taste bland. My favorite PB has honey mixed into it for sweetness and extra flavor. Just me.

LostArra

WKR
Personally I don't care for the natural stuff very much. Yes...it's oily and must be stirred and it's gritty and sticks like Spackle on my teeth....but the main reason it doesn't appeal to me in most of its variations is because it tends to taste bland. My favorite PB has honey mixed into it for sweetness and extra flavor. Just me.

Try molasses instead of honey to kick it up another notch on flavor

OP
B

boom

WKR
Costco has a new one called NUTTZO. It is 7 nuts and seeds ground into "peanut butter" We are hooked. You do get some crunch from the Chia seeds but quickly ignore it. Healthy and good stuff.
thanks!!

how much is a "package".? the two pack of the other stuff is a lot.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Real peanut butter is extra crunchy. It's great in oat meal and for peanut butter sandwiches.