AGC Harness Options

slowelk

WKR
I've been through many harnesses in search of what suits me best. Currently I have the AGC classic, and I really like the pack itself, but for me, the harness is just too wide, and busy. I'm curious if anyone has modified it, or swapped it out. I've contacted both Marsupial Gear and Outdoor Vision about buying their harnesses only, but I'm not even certain if they would work. Marsupial looks like it could work due to the harness straps coming down to meet the pack, but the OV harness seems to end mid-chest, and the adjustable portion is attached to the pack.

Any successful mods or swaps?

snowplow

WKR
I'm exactly the same as you. Marsupial clicks right in and fixes all the problems in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OP
slowelk

slowelk

WKR
Good to hear. I've replaced three of my four buckles with ladder locks. Those will probably still work, right? How did you get a hold of the marsupial harness?

snowplow

WKR
I had one. I've thought about replacing the buckles. Do you find you miss them?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

revcwood

FNG
I swapped out the buckles with the autolock style ones from Kifaru, and cut the excess straps. That helped the "clutter" for me.

OP
slowelk

slowelk

WKR
Update - Outdoor Vision is unwilling to accommodate my curiosity, and won't sell just the harness. Going with the marsupial, Jim was helpful.

I don't miss the buckles at all. They contributed to the bulk, and didn't stay in place like the ladder locks I replaced them with. Also saved weight, and made the harness more comfortable.

I used these - ITW Ladderloc Split Bar 104-3100 1" Foliage Green
You can also use g hooks. I read about some doing that and I bought some just in case I decide to.

Amazon.com : ITW G-Hook Waveloc Outdoor Device : Tactical Folding Knives : Sports & Outdoors

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brando

FNG
I know this is a somewhat old thread but I also run an AGC classic and didn’t care for the original shoulder harness. Much to big for my liking. I purchased a marsupial webbing harness and all is good now. For me it is much more comfortable.

I just made an entirely new minimalist harness for my agc bino setup. I'll post a thread soon. Cost was 15 bucks and minimal sewing.

i'd like to see that, i just got an agc and thought"this thing looks quite busy " as i also use an HPG kit bag

You can also use g hooks. I read about some doing that and I bought some just in case I decide to.

Amazon.com : ITW G-Hook Waveloc Outdoor Device : Tactical Folding Knives : Sports & Outdoors

Just a note that g hooks are irritating. They tend to come off when you take the harness off and set it down. I'll replace them with some ladderlocs and go from there. I think I'll also get a marsupial harness to try.

I did notice some squeaking where my pack shoulder pads rubbed on the agc harness.