Pillow rage solved.

I hate chasing my $&@ing pillow around the tent at night. You can never just leave it at the top of the air mattress and crawl in your mummy bag and expect it to stay there all night.
Stuffing the pillow in the hood of the sleeping bag works ok but I sleep like a Tasmanian tornado so sooner or later its in the way.

Stuck some velcro tape on my air mattress, stuck some on my pillow and bingo! I can thrash around all night and my pillow stays on top of the air mattress and under my head where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
I get pillow rage as well... I tried silicon strips on the bottom of the pillow but they wouldn't stick.

I may have to try this.. does the velcro make noise while you are sleeping?

OP
skaldugwas
I get pillow rage as well... I tried silicon strips on the bottom of the pillow but they wouldn't stick.

I may have to try this.. does the velcro make noise while you are sleeping?

It only makes noise if you pull it apart.

chuckq777

FNG
I have pillow rage. Recent fix is putting the pillow in a shirt that I don’t wear to bed. Adding my puffy between pillow and shirt. I lay on the remainder of the shirt ad it helps keep it in place. Might be trying Velcro soon now.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I want someone to invent some slip-resistant silnylon. I swear to God, I'm gonna make condoms out of that stuff. Silnylon bivy + Thermarest pad + EE quilt + >1* slope = my ass is sliding down the mountain in the middle of the night, wrapped up like a little Austin-burrito.

I even spread SilNet on the bottom of the pad to help prevent this exact problem. Still, no-go.

SWOHTR

WKR
I completely agree with everyone and everything in this thread. I’ve also realized what a terrible cushion air makes, specifically in a pillow.

Beendare

WKR
I got tired of my neck being sore from my inflatable pillow. I just stuff my puffy in my sleeping bag stuff sack. I did run a few more strips of silicone on the sack and my pad- bingo....works great.

The silicone has to be diluted to a almost watery consistency...then it won't peal. You can use mineral spirits.

netman

WKR
Good thinking! I had pillow rage for 14 straight days in Colorado. I used the roll up straps on my air mattress to hold my pillow in place but it was not where my head was at. I will Velcro that sucker in place before I head back to Colorado next week. I’m a thrashing machine when I sleep.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Jimmy tarps makes a pillow bag that has a strap that goes around you pad works great 👍🏻 And then it's a stuff sack also

thefever

FNG
Simple and genius!

- - - Updated - - -

I want someone to invent some slip-resistant silnylon. I swear to God, I'm gonna make condoms out of that stuff. Silnylon bivy + Thermarest pad + EE quilt + >1* slope = my ass is sliding down the mountain in the middle of the night, wrapped up like a little Austin-burrito.

I even spread SilNet on the bottom of the pad to help prevent this exact problem. Still, no-go.

;););)

fbhandler

WKR
Think I’m going to give this a try myself...

I’ve often wondered why there can’t be a pad with the pillow incorporated !? Seems like a no brainer, less overall material/weight, one less valve to fail, am I the only one to ever wonder about this ?!

Mike 338

WKR
This is probably one of the most useful threads I've seen in some time. Thanks for the tip.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Think I’m going to give this a try myself...

I’ve often wondered why there can’t be a pad with the pillow incorporated !? Seems like a no brainer, less overall material/weight, one less valve to fail, am I the only one to ever wonder about this ?!

My older nemo pads have an integrated pillow...hate it. As already mentioned, air makes a crap pillow. That and the pillow just never felt located in the right position.