DIY Composite Stays

Anyone used the aluminum stays that come standard on a Kifaru as a form to make their own composites? It says the aluminum stays weigh 9 oz more than composites on the 26" hunter frame.

No one? How about cutting your own arrow stays? Will .300 spine work if I double up?

I’ve cut numerous arrow stays for all the packs and frames I own. Works perfectly for me. Not sure what spine stiffness they use but I use whatever I have on hand from .300-.400 and haven’t had any issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
I’ve cut numerous arrow stays for all the packs and frames I own. Works perfectly for me. Not sure what spine stiffness they use but I use whatever I have on hand from .300-.400 and haven’t had any issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect! I have some old Gold Tips that I can try out. Thanks for the help!

WoodBow

WKR
I have done both. I made a form custom to my back and then made a set from strips of thin maple and put fiberglass cloth on the exterior. That is a pretty involved process and requires a lot of tools. I already had everything needed from building trad bow limbs. My back much prefers the arrow stays though. I use whatever I have around. I cut mine to 26 inches, double them up, and cover the ends with shrink tubing to protect the ends of the carbon. I electrical tape them together a couple of places in the middle.

I brought a 300 arrow to Menards yesterday and bought the plastic caps that fit on arrow ends. I cut to length and installed in my frame instead of composite. It cut 6 ounces.