Making hauling easier

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Due to the lay of the land on my new lease and because there is a wide and shallow river running through the entire property, I picked up a sled to get stands in and deer out. I should be able to float a good amount of weight in the sled. Because I will also be dragging it with an ATV and by hand on hard, dry ground as well as snow, I opted to add thick plastic wear strips to the bottom to extend the life of the sled and to make it track better. I will also add a pull rope and rope tie points all around the top rim of the sled to lash items to the sled so they don't fall out.

0Pa8Ouq.jpg

I used a heat gun to shape the strips of plastic I cut from a larger sheet.

DBSkSSd.jpg

I bolted the strips to the sled.

CYbuXKu.jpg

J5NYCZB.jpg

I added eye bolts and on the inside of the sled, a strip of steel to spread out the pulling load rather than the two small holes that were in the sled when I bought it. Because I will also make a rigid tow bar, I used quick connect links to the eye bolts to make swapping easier.

SxzIRns.jpg

BlTZJpN.jpg

Z9uTQPF.jpg

The pull rope is beefed up in the middle with clear tubing and then wrapped with gorilla tape so it wont wear through when pulled with the ATV and to increase the diameter for a more comfortable grip when pulling by hand.

aPQ71on.jpg

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I love my jetsleds and have always considered them pretty beefy, but man o man the mods you did on that are awesome! If I didnt use mine a lot for floating in ponds, impoundments, creeks, etc behind me with waterfowl decoys I would definitely be doing the same.

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up destroying one sled (it had polyethylene runners) and it only lasted one trip behind my Canam wheeler over frozen dirt. I wont use the new sled unless we have all snow where I go. Dragging the sled behind me works well but with a load, at 30 mph over rocks and dirt doesn't work well with plastic runners. I now have a small wheeled trailer, that I can use anywhere (as long as the trailer doesn't sink more than 6 or 8 inches in to snow) and the sled when the trailer can't handle the deep snow..

shooter56

FNG
Nice job on the sled. I have the same one but mounted on the front rack of my ATV but made it quickly removable so I can also pull it by hand.