Seekoutside guy line connection mod

I like the guy line kit you can get from Seekoutside, but connecting them to your stake points always seemed sloppy to me.
After a little of fiddling I came up with this method. Same concept as a D loop for your bowstring, but I used attwood cord and made sure to get a good melted blob at the end.
They go in easy, stay locked in, don’t budge but come out in a couple of seconds if you don’t need them.

I guess most folks are moving to the gate keeper system seek outside is offering, but those are kind of spendy, a little heavier, and I already had their OG guy line kit which I never had a problem with.
5ad586dbfa524294424c1bd53f13bfe8.jpg

f3dd45bc544066e94a4df367e9b8cf72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Very interesting idea. I've been thinking about adding line locks to my TiGoat tipi, so I'm curious how this works.

Have you tested that in a good stiff wind yet? Dead calm here in ND means 10-15 mph, "breezy" means 25-35, "windy" means more than that. It will definitely give tents a workout.

sndmn11

WKR
I am really curious how you worked the webbing through the lineloc? Why couldn't you just do a handshake type knot then and leave off any paracord?

OP
skaldugwas
I am really curious how you worked the webbing through the lineloc? Why couldn't you just do a handshake type knot then and leave off any paracord?

Didn’t seem as cohesive just paracording them on. Probably makes zero difference in the long run but I feel like this looks and operates a little cleaner.

All I did was get the webbing started with a pair of pliers.
The webbing is just a little wider than the slot on the line lock and gives just enough resistance to keep my string with knots in place when there is no tension.

OP
skaldugwas

Have you tested that in a good stiff wind yet? Dead calm here in ND means 10-15 mph, "breezy" means 25-35, "windy" means more than that. It will definitely give tents a workout.

I haven’t had this out in any winds yet but it holds together and doesn’t budge with me reefing on it as hard as I can.

sndmn11

WKR
Didn’t seem as cohesive just paracording them on. Probably makes zero difference in the long run but I feel like this looks and operates a little cleaner.

All I did was get the webbing started with a pair of pliers.
The webbing is just a little wider than the slot on the line lock and gives just enough resistance to keep my string with knots in place when there is no tension.

I meant could you leave off the paracord stubby you have in the picture, push the lineloc against the tarp, and then put the lineloc through the loop so that a handshake or larks head is made around the lineloc with only the webbing on the tarp. Is the webbing loop big enough to do that?