Tipi Liner

RBHunter

WKR
I have a Luxe 6 person tipi. I would like to add a liner to it but they do not offer one at the moment. Has anyone done this? From what I can tell no other brands will fit. So I am thinking I will need to make my own. Anyone done this or have any advice? Pics would be nice too.

Lukeyn

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at doing the same thing. I think I'm going to lay the tipi out and Mark the sections.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

OP
RBHunter

RBHunter

WKR
Lukeyn, I was thinking of doing the same thing. Just wondering how to keep it tightish to the sides to not loose a ton of room with it draping.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not hard. Measure the panel exact and add you seam allowance. Cut off the top 18" or so. Take an extra inch off the bottom (this shrinks the overall size away from the walls). Sew it up. Add ties at top bottom and middle of every seam and in the corresponding places on the shelter. That's it.

Live2hunt custom shelters

rayporter

WKR
weekender7
under most conditions a liner is not needed. but there are certain times when condensation can be real bad.

I have carried bug nets and shower curtains to serve as temporary liners in the past- just to catch condensation knocked off by large rain drops or hail.

mooster

WKR
When is a liner a necessity? Isn’t a tipi vented at top to let it breathe?

OP
RBHunter

RBHunter

WKR
Most are vented. But the amount of condensation can build up faster than it can escape. Especially if their is no breeze. From my understanding or at least want is to use the liner as a barrier between me and the possibly wet wall

gchs4464

FNG
Let us know how it turns out! I have the same tipi, I took it out last weekend and it has been really wet here in Kentucky. While condensation didn’t drip down on us, the foot box of my top quilt did get too close to the wall, and I woke up with soaking wet feet with it being 33 degrees. Luckily I had packed a extra pair of socks even though it was a overnight trip, and my top quilt dries quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not hard. Measure the panel exact and add you seam allowance. Cut off the top 18" or so. Take an extra inch off the bottom (this shrinks the overall size away from the walls). Sew it up. Add ties at top bottom and middle of every seam and in the corresponding places on the shelter. That's it.

Live2hunt custom shelters
Isn’t it amazing how simple something can sound when it’s explained by someone that knows what there doing?

My instructions would have taken about 3 pages to type, there would have been a lot of profanity and the closing line would have been “then you set it all on fire and get ahold of Live2hunt”