AGC full harness Upgrade

So, like many people I thought the harness on my Alaska guide creations bag was over kill. The pack also seemed to slide down on my chest alot and the harness would be pressing on my neck. So I just made the first prototype of what I consider the perfect harness. It is minimalist yet doesn't slide down at all and fits under my backpack better.

NKcCplJ.jpg

starting at the top of the pack, i used split bar ladder locks and triglide rings to hold the excess webbing. its a single piece of webbing that goes thru a tri-ring in a v-shape. For the waist straps starting at the pack, i reused the buckles and added more triglide rings again to hold webbing. now for the sewing, i used looplock rings to attach polyester elastic webbing to the nylon webbing. the elastic webbing keeps the pack held tight to my body, even without the top straps. i also don't have to adjust the waist straps because it stretches around layers. sewing with a 1960 cast iron singer with gutterman terra80 and a 110/18 needle.

ygvcZOI.jpg

my sewing sucks, don't judge me.

Last edited:

jolemons

WKR
If you get time, pics while wearing would be great. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks great, I too, thought the AGC harness was overkill and not comfortable, I ended up modifying the harness off an old kuiu bino harness, it was the only part I liked about the kuiu.

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting solution. Staring at mine right now. Want to get rid of bulky buckles and shorten shoulder straps. Don't find the haness uncomfortable but adjustment slips. Trying to figure best no slip option using ladderlocs or g hooks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Alexander

FNG
Awesome idea, I want to try this cause I was getting the same problem with the harness not fitting correctly...thought it was just me:cool:

Interesting solution. Staring at mine right now. Want to get rid of bulky buckles and shorten shoulder straps. Don't find the haness uncomfortable but adjustment slips. Trying to figure best no slip option using ladderlocs or g hooks.

If you want buckles, you can get locking buckles. I have g hooks on mine for the two upper straps and buckles for the side straps. The g hooks come off when I take the harness off and set it down. The original triglides with the g hooks means no slipping. I will be swapping the g hooks out for split bar ladder locks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
If you want buckles, you can get locking buckles. I have g hooks on mine for the two upper straps and buckles for the side straps. The g hooks come off when I take the harness off and set it down. The original triglides with the g hooks means no slipping. I will be swapping the g hooks out for split bar ladder locks.

That's what I'm looking at. Might get this down to three ladder locks with tri glides and one autolock side buckle. Looking to keep the pack higher and tight when bouncing around on horses but still adjust easily for being afoot or layers during the day.

That's what I'm looking at. Might get this down to three ladder locks with tri glides and one autolock side buckle. Looking to keep the pack higher and tight when bouncing around on horses but still adjust easily for being afoot or layers during the day.

I so rarely adjust the sides on mine it should work. I saw where someone posted that they sewed some elastic into their side straps which I thought was a good idea. The same could be accomplished with a couple of rings and ladder locks if you don't sew, which I don't.

paxamus

WKR
I’ve always wanted to do something like that! I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine and had one. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as.ks.ak

WKR
Looks great, I too, thought the AGC harness was overkill and not comfortable, I ended up modifying the harness off an old kuiu bino harness, it was the only part I liked about the kuiu.

Do you have pics with what you did? I’m thinking of doing the same exact thing with my old Kuiu. Because I feel EXACTLY the same.

Do you have pics with what you did? I’m thinking of doing the same exact thing with my old Kuiu. Because I feel EXACTLY the same.

See below for pics, I changed up the hardware a bit, as I never unbuckle the top ones, just one of the side buckles and slip it on. I cut some of the webbing off the AGC and paid a seamstress $10 to sew it on and extend the chest straps of the Kuiu harness. The side straps are unmodified, I just put the 1” buckles on the 3/4” webbing and I haven’t had any problems with that. I really like this set up.

9e90d048f246e45c5848c62d719ec60b.jpg
bd6f05775e9d4a1e59abbfdd736a0b87.jpg

Last edited:

as.ks.ak

WKR
See below for pics, I changed up the hardware a bit, as I never unbuckle the top ones, just one of the side buckles and slip it on. I cut some of the webbing off the AGC and paid a seamstress $10 to sew it on and extend the chest straps of the Kuiu harness. The side straps are unmodified, I just put the 1” buckles on the 3/4” webbing and I haven’t had any problems with that. I really like this set up.

9e90d048f246e45c5848c62d719ec60b.jpg
bd6f05775e9d4a1e59abbfdd736a0b87.jpg

Thanks so much!!!