Supertarp Mods

dkime

WKR
Okay guys, I am preparing myself for my first ever sewing project. I still have a few things to get in order but I know that I would like to add guy out lines to my Gen1 Supertarp so that I can create a more vertical wall like that of later models. Any real suggestions on a thread that has already been established showing how I might accomplish this? I know it seems simple and as a guy who is fairly mechanically inclined, I don't remember the last time I've been this intimidated by a machine and project. Thanks for your input!
DK

WoodBow

WKR
Cut out desired shape of reinforcement patches from whatever material you want. Ripstop nylon or cordura will work. Use a little silicone to glue patch in desired location on inside of shelter. Let dry. Make loops out of gutted paracord and sew to patch, on the outside of shelter. Piece of cake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
Or, you can send it in to Kifaru for installation. I sent mine in a couple of years ago to add them. I don't remember what it cost, but it wasn't too much and they got it back to me in a couple of weeks. Really nice mod, opens things up quite a bit.

OP
D

dkime

WKR
I ended up doing this myself, It's not quite perfect. I'll post a pic. I need to adjust my position of the guide out points

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the forum is not cooperating with pictures currently, the biggest PITA was dealing with the Silnylon. This stuff is no joke when it comes to managing while sewing.

WoodBow

WKR
I ended up doing this myself, It's not quite perfect. I'll post a pic. I need to adjust my position of the guide out points

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the forum is not cooperating with pictures currently, the biggest PITA was dealing with the Silnylon. This stuff is no joke when it comes to managing while sewing.
Im pretty sure satan patented silnylon. Im a PU coated nylon guy exclusively after working with that crap once.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
D

dkime

WKR
WbcvZHP

WbcvZHP

Last edited:
OP
D

dkime

WKR
2ba11c099ced54e40c856f5fa8be1bcd.jpg

Here’s my only small success with Silnylon knock off 4 string stuff sack for the Gfs synthetic EE quilt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
Looks great. Did you copy Kifaru’s dimensions. I was also gonna make some of these

OP
D

dkime

WKR
Looks great. Did you copy Kifaru’s dimensions. I was also gonna make some of these

Nah I copied the stuff sack dimensions from the EE stuff sack that was originally used for the quilt and then added the grooms grain and accessories. Word of advice would be to ditch the mini line locks and use regular size with 550 cord. The 1.6mm cord doesn’t cinch down tight enough with these line locks