Adhesive, Zippered Arm (Chest) Pockets???

Anyone have any idea where I can purchase an adhesive, glue-on, or even sew-on zippered pocket? These are the bicep pockets that are very popular on shirts and jackets from Sitka and other top manufacturers... I can’t find one anywhere. Really looking for a grey one.
101ce1148b56931ffed3aaca0dc81cbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
I feel pretty confident that you will not find one. You could make one but it would be a real pain to attach. Fabric glue would probably be your best bet depending on the fabric. When i was in junior high i glued some old keyboard keys on a shirt to spell my name. I couldn't believe how well that fabric glue held up. I dont think they ever came off. And i wore it a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I feel pretty confident that you will not find one. You could make one but it would be a real pain to attach. Fabric glue would probably be your best bet depending on the fabric. When i was in junior high i glued some old keyboard keys on a shirt to spell my name. I couldn't believe how well that fabric glue held up. I dont think they ever came off. And i wore it a lot.

I thought I was cool with a million different punk band buttons on my jacket, but never cool enough to glue my name on with typewriter keys lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
I thought I was cool with a million different punk band buttons on my jacket, but never cool enough to glue my name on with typewriter keys lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It was a different time in my life for sure! I wore that shirt on a trip to DC and i dont think ive ever gotten more compliments on a shirt.

You might see if rainy pass has them or will make you one. That is if you want it out of technical fabric.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I think Woods right...doubt you will find it. You could make one up and sew one on easy enough. I would make up the pocket....rip the seam on the sleeve, and then sew it on, the re sew the seam. If its high enough near the shoulder, you might be able to have enough room without ripping the seam.

You could probably make an iron on one. Get one of those iron on patches...... split it for a small zipper and iron the zipper in.....then iron on a backing fabric leaving 1/2"-3/4" perimeter of iron on stickum....then iron that bad boy on. I doubt it would look very good tho.....

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just one question........what exactly do people put in those arm pockets? I bought a base layer shirt some years ago and didn't even realize it had a pocket on the sleeve until I put it on. I couldn't stand it on my arm anymore than a zipper on my chest, and sent the shirt back.

WoodBow

WKR
Just one question........what exactly do people put in those arm pockets? I bought a base layer shirt some years ago and didn't even realize it had a pocket on the sleeve until I put it on. I couldn't stand it on my arm anymore than a zipper on my chest, and sent the shirt back.
Im with ya there. However i do like chest pockets for phone and windicator.

Surgical gloves for feild dressing game.

Memory card for cameras

WoodBow

WKR
I like a chest pocket on my outer shirt, that's where I keep my RF.
I gotcha. Yea i dont need one on a base shirt. I like them on vests which are frequently my outer layer.

cnelk

WKR
To the OP

I made just what your talking about the other day.
Got some iron-on patches and sewed in a zipper and outer fabric to make a pouch.

Total cost was about $5 - took me about 30mins

Just iron or sew it on

Here are pics I just took of it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 42

MattB

WKR
I too am interested in what you use them for. I cut them out of early Sitka shirts because they seemed useless to me.

FlyGuy

WKR
Personally, I want to put one like that on the sleeve of my bugle tube to hold extra diaphragms. I'll be looking for one of those iron on jobs. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

That will change the sound of the tube........perhaps for the better, or perhaps for the worse.
It'll change it if he puts it on the cloth sleeve that is over the plastic? Wow, I didn't realize they were that sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
That will change the sound of the tube........perhaps for the better, or perhaps for the worse.
Pretty sure I don't call near good enough for this to matter. I don't think the elk will mind and will likely just continue to ignore me.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I posted this over in his other thread, but I will post it here as well.
I have also been looking for this type of pocket for years with no luck. This is the closest thing that I have found.
Choose Your Go Pocket - Go Pocket

I made just what your talking about the other day.
Got some iron-on patches and sewed in a zipper and outer fabric to make a pouch.

Total cost was about $5 - took me about 30mins

Just iron or sew it on

How much bulk did the iron-on patch add to the pocket? I am assuming it made it stiffer, so where ever you attach the pocket will be stiffer and less flexible?

cnelk

WKR
How much bulk did the iron-on patch add to the pocket? I am assuming it made it stiffer, so where ever you attach the pocket will be stiffer and less flexible?

Very little bulkiness. I wouldnt want the iron on patch where it bends a lot.
Having it placed in the shirt pocket area would be best.

The iron-on patch is simply for a non-stitch application [for those that dont/cant sew]