My first diy titanium stove.

FlyGuy

WKR
Great looking stove! That door looks awesome! Huge opening. I also like that chimney cap. I've had a stove full of water from rain entering through the stove pipe before. I wonder if that cap might also improve burn time any? Can you send a close up pic. of the cap?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

OP
Pierrebuiltknives

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
I added wood to the stove at 800pm last night and dampered it down came in for thanks giving dinner. This morning I went out at 7:30am and the tent was slightly warmer then outside. the water bottles were warm. I felt the bottom and it was hot. Added wood and opened the damper and it fired up again. I think inside baffeling and tight closing is the best for long burns. I heat our house partially and modeled it after our wood burner. The stove pipe on my old stove would get super hot and change colors. with this stove the majority of the heat stays in the stove and the pipe after burning for 20 hours is still only slightly gold at the bottom. Most of the burning is done with in the stove. The cap is simply 0.007 ti cut and bent. it fit on the top ring. I made a couple. it disambles and folds flat

Does your new pipe assemble easily after the burn? Wondering if it took a "set" since you stated it did not change color. Could you list your materials and where you sourced them please? AWESOME looking stove by the way.

OP
Pierrebuiltknives

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
Nice. Nice clean bends, do you have a sheet metal brake...or did you use a manual one?

Do you have a weight on that?
AT the time In belt it I worked at a custom car shop that had a magnetic bender. I actually bought the material 3 years ago and had life get in the way. I moved up north a year ago and work at a machine shop. Finally got the time to finish the thing.
With a 80 inch pipe, 10 cables, 2 ti rings for the top and middle, the top part to keep out the rain that attaches to the ti ring a damper assembly annd the stove it is a scoth under 6 lbs. the stove is 16 long by 10 by 10 and is 6 inches off the ground.
Does your new pipe assemble easily after the burn? Wondering if it took a "set" since you stated it did not change color. Could you list your materials and where you sourced them please? AWESOME looking stove by the way.

Yes the pipe set like normal.
The body is 0.020 and the pipe is 0.007 by 12.5. this design has some welding with would pose a problem for some people. Thanks.

BenFrank

FNG
That's a pro grade stove. I'd be interested in seeing some pics of the assembly.

OP
Pierrebuiltknives

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
I apperciate the positive comments. I am going carish camping with a large group next weekend bringing my dogs. I will take a setup video and some close ups. I am ordering some more ti to make some more stoves. It is addiciting. I use to make alcohol stoves but they are boring.
This is a Xpac case i made for the stove setup once it is folded up. The tent, pole and stove setup are pictured.
Here is a pic of pipe top. The ring is ti and the top folds up into the pipe.
vSKXuOm.jpg

GicANeq.jpg

Last edited: