Copy Cat Kuiu Bino Harness

WoodBow

WKR
This will be my first year running glass. Recently bought some binos from a member here and needed a harness. The way i saw it i could buy a crooked horn for $18ish or buy a quality harness for around $70. I didn't want to waste money on a harness i would just upgrade eventually anyways and didn't want the flop of an elastic system like crooked horn. I also had not yet prepared my brain to spend 70 bucks on a harness yet. Im pretty competent with a thread injector and have made quite a bit of gear already so i decided to make a harness. I combed over all the various designs to come up with something i liked. I like the designs that have a full enclosure pouch but im not crazy about the heat retention there since we typically hunt early season. Designin and making the pouch would also take more time than i wanted to spend at the moment. So i settled on the bare bones version of the kuiu harness that does not utilize a pouch. I simplified the back side of the harness by going with an x frame rather than sewing the fancy back piece. Saved some heat retention once again. I wore it for a few hours yesterday doing some whitetail scouting in upper 80 temps. I had zero complaints. You will forget they are on and they dont sag down when you lean over. I will make a rain/dust fly at some point.

This build cost me about $7 and functions perfect.
30hpx0k.jpg

Phi3nD

Lil-Rokslider
this is exactly what i'm looking for too. where did you purchase the straps from?

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Straps are 1" webbing from the army surplus store. Paid 25 cents a foot. Its good stuff but a little stiff almost like it has been starched. Not uncomfortable though. But i feel like washing it would soften it up. Lots of places swll webbing on amazon and ebay.