Kifaru Duplex Tactical Frame with a Kuiu 7200 Icon Pro bag Project

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Decided to start a new thread in the DIY area of Rokslide as the other post was getting pretty long. If you followed up on my last post I had mounted a Kuiu 3200 Bag to the Kifaru Duplex Frame. http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...ith-kuiu-Icon-pro-3200-Bag-dodges-the-bottles
Works great with no issues. Even took it for a bit of a Spin this last week. For 7-10 days out I figured Id try this out with the 7200 Bag. Ordered one last weekend and got it in the mail Tuesday. Great turn around time.

This time though I went with a bit different attachment to the top of the frame. Here is how I did it.

Slid a Ghook over the 3/4 inch webbing and secured that with a couple of caribiners. Anything to keep the Ghook in place so it wont slide off the Webbing will work. I slide my Ghook over the entire piece of webbing then ran the Caribiners through the remaining loop.

Next attach the Ghook to the Duplex Frame at the top. for both sides. I like the Ghooks because they are strong and sturdy and it makes the bag come off and on easy.

So now your bag is attached at the top of the frame on both sides.

Next I slid the loops at the bottom of the 7200 bag to my already attached Grimlocks that are attached to the back of my Duplex Frame. This attachment point is not really weight bearing it is more of keeping the bag tight to the frame.

Continued Below...

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Next down at the bottom of the Kuiu 7200 are belt attachment points. I took a pair of repair buckles like in the photo and rigged them to the Kuiu Bag. Then I took my Belt Delta strap webbing and attached it to the bag. This was almost as if it was made for it.

Just like I did on the 3200 Bag in the previous post I added 4 side straps this is where you get your main attachment to the frame. These are the same straps that are removable inside the Kuiu bag. I used these because it was easy to do and they match the pack webbing. 1 low 1 higher up. From bag to the Frame.

next same thing on the bottom of the pack. Run the Straps from the bottom of the loops on the Kuiu 7200 and to the Duplex Frame.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Final result Kifkuiufranken pack.

I have 45 lbs in the bag IM estimating (dont have a scale to weigh it) . Tried it on works great. Bag is tight to the frame. I can pick up the Duplex Frame by the handle at the top and the bag is rigid to the frame.

I can give it a good go at around 70 lbs later in the week. I have some weights I am gonna drag out to test it out. Let me know if you guys have any questions or suggestions.

We talked about adding a Sleeve to the top of the 7200 bag in the last post. I think for piece of mind I may still go that route. But the Ghooks at the top of the pack work perfect and keeps the bag tight to the frame.

james, you can take some sturdy dikes and nip the ghooks similar to the repair ladder lock. i have done it with fine results. then you can slip them onto the loops and lose the 'biners

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
yeah I thought about that but since these are 3/4 inch buckles it was hard to get them in there to make a clean cut. So I just took them out. Either way you can get it to work is fine. Idea is so your Ghooks dont come off. I did the biners cause it was all I had readily available. Works fine though.

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
I'm guessing this will only work with that size frame? And what size is it?

He's using a 26" frame. Looks like there is enough slack for it to work fine with a 24" though, that's my plan. Should just sit a little lower at the bottom of the frame.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes this is a new 26 inch tactical Frame using carbon arrow stays. Id say the 5200 would work well on the 24 inch frame but it maybe a bit top heaving with a 7200 bag depending on how high you pack the bag. Otherwise if not a full snow collar load I think it would be fine with a 24 inch frame.

SHTF,

I wonder how hard and secure it would be to split the webbing and sew the G-Hook on permanently and if that would be just as good as a sleeve. Might be a better option for a DIYer.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
SHTF,

I wonder how hard and secure it would be to split the webbing and sew the G-Hook on permanently and if that would be just as good as a sleeve. Might be a better option for a DIYer.

Yeah I'd imagine it would work fine I have a sewing machine I may start practicing so I can do this stuff myself.

james, you can take some sturdy dikes and nip the ghooks similar to the repair ladder lock. i have done it with fine results. then you can slip them onto the loops and lose the 'biners

I have done this as well. Make it almost like a two way G hooks. Thats how I will do this I think if I end up trying it.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Ended up ordering those Dutch biners those seem like a good fit for this. Gonna try to load as much weight as I can throw on my back see how it all holds up and make sure no stress points that I need to worry about.