Welcome Rugged Stitching, Rokslide Sponsor

Trial153

WKR
Let me know the dimensions of what you are going for on the latter item or a sketch.

I will for sure. I am putting the paces through on the new bag and frame. I should have a better handle on what I need after I pack it and ruck it a few times this spring.

I'd like to pointedly thank Adam for working with me today. I've admired his talents and was happy to see this thread pop up. In the span of a few hours he worked and reworked a great load sling for me and walked me through my own pitiful confusion. Looking forward to a good piece of custom gear.

mmw194287

WKR
I'd like to pointedly thank Adam for working with me today. I've admired his talents and was happy to see this thread pop up. In the span of a few hours he worked and reworked a great load sling for me and walked me through my own pitiful confusion. Looking forward to a good piece of custom gear.

Likewise, X2. I've had a project in mind that I'd pitched to a few custom sew shops, only to receive sluggish responses. Adam and I have traded a dozen or so emails in the past 24 hours, the design is fleshed out and much improved, and I'm eager to see how it turns out. Really looking forward to it.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks gents, should be fun projects. FYI I'll be traveling till the middle of next week which will impact my accessibility, I'll try and respond within 24hr.

Honestly I'd go with a thinner material for a pullout personally than 500d unless you needed a really hard wearing one for a specific purpose.

Yeah the 7x4x2 pocket will fit belts with PALS as a base design, mounting noted below to fit belts that are 1" between rows of PALS and also belts that are 2" between rows of PALS. If making some other custom size I just need to know the H1, H2, H3, W1, W2 dimensions on the sketch.

I can also do a channel on the back of the pocket to put a strap through like I'm told EXO packs are set up for instance.

417c2257-dfdc-42aa-8ecd-4b7fbcc7037b_zpsjyo69tql.jpg

When I get around to figuring the size I'll have you make a pouch to fit my Kifaru but with a top zipper like the EXO pouches. Just not a fan of the Kifaru side pouch.

Looking forward to receiving and testing the custom load sling for my MR Guide Light frame. I plan to fit it up and maybe do a couple photos showing it fully loaded.

Trial153

WKR
Well I received the load sling for a MR pintler with a guide lite frame today.....none other then the picture a few posts above. It's very well done, clean lines and great stitching. Looks awesome. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to place another order. In fact I am thinking about a grab it for the same pack....

Excellent !!!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FYI #1, I made up those pullouts as they were a non-standard request (orange).

FYI #2, I picked up some black material but I am not fully stocked up in it at this point in terms of hardware, etc. and would typically need to order odds and ends depending on the project.

Here's a new design on the nalgene holder, setup for a stone glacier belt as requested:
TyEpwZyl.jpg

Last edited:

strand

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a little late to the party, but I just noticed this thread and had to drop in to say Congrats Rugged Stitching! His shock cord Nalgene holder is my favorite on either a duplex or NICE frame belt. I've tried a handful, and his is the best. It's quick and silent to use, with the shock cord instead of a plastic buckle. Put the humangear capcap on a 32 oz nalgene and you can't beat it. That being said, I'm now running the MR Guide Light frame in addition to my NICE frame. Have you done any of your shock cord Nalgene holders for the Guide Light belts yet? I need one in CB, PM headed your way.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Got your PM. Haven't specifically done a guideline one but have for the EXO so pretty much the same deal except the EXO I know has Velcro on the back of the strap so I put corresponding Velcro in the slot for that one to lock it in place on the strap. The design is basically the same as the one right above, the channel is just adjusted in length to fit a single strap (where at that SG one has two straps going through it).

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Roll top tapered 500d load cell (31" x 4.5" x 12" down to 10":

H5RAYhZl.jpg

I was asked to modify a cattle show number holder to be more like a bino harness. Feel free to reach out if its 500d type materials. :p

3dlBJyNl.jpg

Last edited:

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
Adam made me the Nalgene holder for the Stone Glacier he has pictured above. I just have to say that Adam was extremely fast responding to my emails and the turnaround will be less than a week from the time I first emailed him till the time I get it. It is to be delivered today.

EDIT: I started emailing Adam last Wednesday and it delivered to my PO Box Saturday. Now that's service!

Last edited: