Welcome Rugged Stitching, Rokslide Sponsor

Adam is a great guy to work with. He patiently listened and corrected my errant thinking and we ended up with a simple and economical solution that works for me with the Eberlestock Mainframe load lifter issue. I'll post that on a different post under DIY. Great guy, honest, craftsman. Kudos! I fully recommend him to anybody who needs custom work done.

-Chas

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Some projects that went out the door in the last while:

aDUCSZ6l.jpg

jWUx0Ydl.jpg

wMEYo6tl.jpg

zs57Ezsl.jpg

rsirdo

FNG
Some projects that went out the door in the last while:

aDUCSZ6l.jpg

jWUx0Ydl.jpg

wMEYo6tl.jpg

zs57Ezsl.jpg
Thanks PODS.. awesome job on my meat sling/bladder holder.. Looks awesome and fits perfectly.. Excited to give her a try.. Anyone that needs work done special projects etc.. he's awesome..
01e3d7ca35822a9df6fd9b1f86794406.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update on my bag from Pods8. I’ve had it for around seven months now. I’ve packed, unpacked it a hundred times. Carried 30-50 pounds in it many times. Total of 80ish between the bag and meat shelf. Many hikes for training and backpacking. His work is excellent! No stitching coming lose, no flaws in anything. He definitely uses quality material for the bag, webbing, buckles, zipper. If he missed anything I would have found it by now.

Very happy, highly recommend!!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Made (/still making mine!) up some new bags for my hunting partner and myself, we'll be running the SG EVO for a backpacking bivy hunt starting end of the week. Center zip, torpedo rear pockets (spotter/tripod), flat side scretch pockets, pleated sleeve side pockets (bigger tripod, trekking poles, stuff a layer, etc.), internal and external bladder sleeves (deciding which I like better), a couple small flat stretch and flat zippered pockets inside the front faces (keys, cell, headlamp, gps, etc.)

37NOg8Ll.jpg

KS42WM9l.jpg

Still rokin' the pouches and smaller stuff you made for me. Love the stuff.....
Garmin In Reach Pouch
Range finder pouch
Nalgene holster
Bugle tube holder/Nalgene holster
Pistol pouch behind AGC bino harness

Maybe one day I will look into a full on pack. Let us know how it handles your hunt.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks, sewed till 9pm last night finishing off some accessories, heading out the door now. Its official: FIRST HUNT OF 2018!

Here's the belt pouches I churned out for my setup:

OLUgo8jl.jpg

deadwolf

WKR
Made (/still making mine!) up some new bags for my hunting partner and myself, we'll be running the SG EVO for a backpacking bivy hunt starting end of the week. Center zip, torpedo rear pockets (spotter/tripod), flat side scretch pockets, pleated sleeve side pockets (bigger tripod, trekking poles, stuff a layer, etc.), internal and external bladder sleeves (deciding which I like better), a couple small flat stretch and flat zippered pockets inside the front faces (keys, cell, headlamp, gps, etc.)

37NOg8Ll.jpg

KS42WM9l.jpg

What’s the approx cubic inches on this one Pods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What’s the approx cubic inches on this one Pods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8.5" D x 12" x 37ish to the top of the collar for the main bag, what that relates to once bulged out with gear I wouldn't know without filling it with something. We (me and partner) use this model for a 4.5day backpack hunt earlier in Sept and had the front folded back towards the frame for the most part (getting tighter as the food stash shrunk) and didn't need a lid paired with it at all (which was good since I ran out of time to make them before the trip :) ).

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Clawing my way through the hunting season backlog, here's something new:

yrqD7h0l.jpg

Also don't think I ever posted, I made some accessory straps for my SG frame that the frame straps can buckle into and tighten against a load on the shelf independently and then those straps clip into the bag to compress that as desired, seemed to work for me (wish I got more meat hauling time with them...).

Gn7cFzGl.jpg

Last edited:

92xj

WKR
Clawing my way through the hunting season backlog, here's something new:

yrqD7h0l.jpg

For the folks who have experience with the Urban Ruck or the Eastern Ruck, you should recognize this lid style. I have the Urban Ruck and really like it's lid over the others produced by Kifaru. I had pods8 build this lid to go on my Mountain Warrior. Once it arrives at the house I will load up the bag and install the lid and take some pictures. I imagine many folks will end up wanting this style lid for thier bags.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For the folks who have experience with the Urban Ruck or the Eastern Ruck, you should recognize this lid style. I have the Urban Ruck and really like it's lid over the others produced by Kifaru. I had pods8 build this lid to go on my Mountain Warrior. Once it arrives at the house I will load up the bag and install the lid and take some pictures. I imagine many folks will end up wanting this style lid for thier bags.

Heck I'll probably build one (minus the handle) for that bag I posted above when a true lid with large capacity isn't needed as this would close off the top well from the elements if the face flap isn't completely cinched to the frame (which that does seal off the day bag well when in that mode but if its in between then the cinch collar is a bit exposed). It would be a long or bulky gear hunt for me before that bag would need a full lid paired with it.

92xj

WKR
Heck I'll probably build one (minus the handle) for that bag I posted above when a true lid with large capacity isn't needed as this would close off the top well from the elements if the face flap isn't completely cinched to the frame (which that does seal off the day bag well when in that mode but if its in between then the cinch collar is a bit exposed). It would be a long or bulky gear hunt for me before that bag would need a full lid paired with it.

You'll end up wanting that handle, might as well put it on the from the start.
Mainly to just stand the bag up. Your picture above with the bloody game bag is a perfect example. If the lid was on there, lay bag down, load it and then grab the handle on the lid to stand it up. Sure, it's not needed at all, but I have found I use that stupid little handle all the dang time on my super light everyday carry urban ruck, even though there are plenty of other ways to grab and go. When you figure out you want that handle, I'll give you the contact info for a sewer I know...

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You'll end up wanting that handle, might as well put it on the from the start.
Mainly to just stand the bag up. Your picture above with the bloody game bag is a perfect example. If the lid was on there, lay bag down, load it and then grab the handle on the lid to stand it up. Sure, it's not needed at all, but I have found I use that stupid little handle all the dang time on my super light everyday carry urban ruck, even though there are plenty of other ways to grab and go. When you figure out you want that handle, I'll give you the contact info for a sewer I know...

Not a big deal to just keep I suppose. The frame handle is right there behind the game bags, can't say I've ran into wanting another handle yet though but also haven't had the bag loaded up to expedition capacity.

Lawnboi

WKR
Do you have blaze orange cordura? Would really like a pocket for the top of my fulcrum in blaze orange, just a belt pouch style but orange.

Also curious if you could come up with a good way to carry a javelin bipod on a kifaru pack?