Welcome Rugged Stitching, Rokslide Sponsor

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes I have orange.

Off memory on hand I have the following in 500d unless otherwise noted: coyote (also 1000d), foliage green, ranger green, orange (also 1000d), black (I think I have some 1000d too), multicam, highlander, and a bit of typhoon. I can order other colors for a project by the yard if needed, not really cost effective for a small project unless you really want that color but for a pack or such its not a big cost driver in the grand scheme. I'm sticking with coyote and black trim work for the foreseeable future as its a lot to stock up buckles/webbing/zippers/etc. in other colors.

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of access/retention.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yes I have orange.

Off memory on hand I have the following in 500d unless otherwise noted: coyote (also 1000d), foliage green, ranger green, orange (also 1000d), black (I think I have some 1000d too), multicam, highlander, and a bit of typhoon. I can order other colors for a project by the yard if needed, not really cost effective for a small project unless you really want that color but for a pack or such its not a big cost driver in the grand scheme. I'm sticking with coyote and black trim work for the foreseeable future as its a lot to stock up buckles/webbing/zippers/etc. in other colors.

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of access/retention.

I’m thinking a 2” chunk of webbing around the legs that would attach to pals webbing on a pack belt with some kind of simple over the top retention system, looks like spartan precision is working on something similar.

Also as far as an orange pocket I’d be interested in an imitation of a kifaru large belt pouch to run on top of my fold over lid on a fulcrum.

92xj

WKR
perfect
44307499360_04c79b9d75_b.jpg

45212324035_4833d125d2_b.jpg

46073887862_d4f6a81db5_b.jpg

45212323885_39ec4b67b0_b.jpg

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m thinking a 2” chunk of webbing around the legs that would attach to pals webbing on a pack belt with some kind of simple over the top retention system, looks like spartan precision is working on something similar.

Also as far as an orange pocket I’d be interested in an imitation of a kifaru large belt pouch to run on top of my fold over lid on a fulcrum.

Shoot me a PM or email ([email protected]) please.

Clawing my way through the hunting season backlog, here's something new:

yrqD7h0l.jpg

Also don't think I ever posted, I made some accessory straps for my SG frame that the frame straps can buckle into and tighten against a load on the shelf independently and then those straps clip into the bag to compress that as desired, seemed to work for me (wish I got more meat hauling time with them...).

Gn7cFzGl.jpg
Would these lids work on a MR pintler on a guide light frame? Or do you make a lid to go with a pintler bag?
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Stuff is custom to whatever connections you want sewn. MR on their packs has female buckles on the frame sleeve they normally clip into, I don't believe the pintler has those. You could add some (need to put some holes in the sleeve to accommodate as it sandwiches the sleeve between itself and backing plate) or with the pintler are the buckles off the top of the frame free for use? Just some thoughts for you to consider how you might want to run a lid potentially.

Here's those surface mount buckles:
2w30K3Nl.jpg

The top of the guide light frame has female buckles that attach to Male buckle running down the front of the bag pic 1 is of the top of the frame and second is the part that runs down the front of the bag.
3f92653ebf710c75809c29b008f11287.jpg
010d824bde9e45a8355532e7868e4d13.jpg

The lid could sit between these and clip in? Just looking for a little more space for when I over night camp. (Ignore the gun scabbord. I use that during whitetail season only)

Sorry to keep replying. Perhaps the lid is too long to be able to cinch down the lid when it is between the pictured buckles. If the buckle(on the lid) that connected to the Male portion was more towards the top of the lid(handle area) then it could be cinched down.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes those top frame male buckles were what I was saying might be able to be utilized if you weren't buckling those front straps into them. You can move those straps down the daisy chain on the bag as one configuration too. Lots of options, ponder what you think would work and when you have a design in mind feel free to reach out for a quote.

slowelk

WKR
Thanks, sewed till 9pm last night finishing off some accessories, heading out the door now. Its official: FIRST HUNT OF 2018!

Here's the belt pouches I churned out for my setup:

OLUgo8jl.jpg

What are the dimensions on the larger pouch with the two zippers?

Bkottke35

WKR
Hey guys. Just wanted to drop a note here. Pods is a stand up guy. Back early fall I requested a load sling in blaze orange. He stated the material he had in orange wasn’t of quality (heavy enough) to make a sling. I said go ahead anyway and went out and purchased the proper material. I had the sling within a week. Just last week I contacted him about some buckles for attaching a musteryranch day pack lid to a MR Pintler. The buckles were sent that evening. Outstanding customer service and fast shipping. Thanks Pods!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 139