Attaching Bino Harness to shoulder/chest straps of pack

Has anybody done this with clips? If so I would be interested in seeing pics. It makes a lot more sense than layering pack and bino harness.

BCSteel

FNG
I just run the chest strap from my back pack through the belt loop(?) on my bio case, strap around neck as a safety in case they accidentally fall out some how. Binos in the perfect spot and no extra harness to wear.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

AKShooter

FNG
You can most likely get there with just some clips.....but for me I wouldn't want it. Most of my hunting is done with a pack on. It would drive me crazy to have to take my binoculars off just to take my pack off. As it stands I can quickly drop my pack, still have my binos with me. but that's me

BCSteel

FNG
What harness you run?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No harness. I've been using it like this for a year now. I always have a pack when hunting so it works well for me.
02bf0173c897a1213908ba164e8ce65e.jpg
545bda6b546136e21bb6c8cada55c96d.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I played with mine and rigged it center then low and left like the mr rib pouches. Didn’t like it. I tried running it in a padded pouch on my pack belt. Didn’t like it either. In addition to not really liking the ride, For both, I find there were more times that I wanted my bingos and not my pack than I would have expected.

Back to the chest.

You can most likely get there with just some clips.....but for me I wouldn't want it. Most of my hunting is done with a pack on. It would drive me crazy to have to take my binoculars off just to take my pack off. As it stands I can quickly drop my pack, still have my binos with me. but that's me
Agreed. I don't really see a benefit in eliminating the bino harness. For one, the bino harness on my AGC pack is not at all bulky and I never even notice it under my pack, and secondly, there are many times that I want to drop my pack and go and having the binos in there own pack/harness is so much simpler.

KBC

WKR
I have an agc harness and was thinking of doing the same. I'd like to rig it up so that I can just use the female clips on the agc that are already there to attach it to my backpack shoulder straps. I'd still bring the shoulder harness so I could tack my backpack off and still carry my binos though. It looks like I could just get a second set of the tethers and run them through the sternum strap buckles on my pack.

Lwing

FNG
I run a badlands case, chest strap through the top, and badlands sent me a couple extra clips that I attached to the straps of my kuiu pack, which connect to bottom of case, very happy and secure, often wonder why no one has an integrated system

Couldn’t a guy hook his bino pack into his excess webbing from his blood lifters? This is assuming you have the same size webbing/buckles for both.

akspudus

FNG

jmike

FNG
I use a cabelas bino harness, I put that on under my jacket . I then put on my vest or puffy and or my rain gear. Just un zip and the binos are free to use , they stay nice and dry in bad weather . also if I need to drop my pack and crawl I still have them .
This has worked for me for years.

MIke