2018 Best Bull Elk Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

BackCountryMulies

Lil-Rokslider
2018 Wy general bull, I was able to call him off private and onto a small sliver of public and take him with my Winchester 94 .44 mag @ 56 yards Put 2 305s through both shoulders and the final shot he was standing with his nose on the private fence line so I took a hard quarter away shot at about 80 yards it entered behind the ribs and I recovered the bullet in the hide on the off side shoulder.

hXeL5tI.jpg

Last edited:

Muttman

Lil-Rokslider
Utah - north slope of the uintah mountains
OTC tag,
It was a hot dry hunt, on one of the hardest units to hunt in Utah. I was able to harvest this big stinky on the 4th day of a 7 day hunt. We hiked 8-10 miles daily. We was slowly walking a game trail cow calling w/ an occasional bugle. This boy sounded off in front of us, we slowly still hunted towards him as the wind was in our favor, my buddy josh spotted his cows feeding, then he appeared, 54yds shot quarrying away. He went 143yds. We had a lot of other close opportunities, for the other hunters in our camp, shots missed, Josh almost got ran over by a bull I called in by using ELKNUT’s slowplay calling sequence. We would use the app daily to refresh our calling(Learned a lot from elknut this year, his calling techniques work!!!)

Thanks for looking - Matt

5a4f4177d0bac24af8e66af5248b1e28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crapshoot

WKR
My Colorado fourth season bull elk. Hunting solo on a leftover tag, I shot this guy Thursday afternoon/evening at 475 yards. Taking a rest is difficult with antlers on your back. You can't sit very easily so I always kneel down to catch my breath if I need to. Packed out with my Kifaru DT2.

hkfK3B7.jpg

A true representation of Elk hunting right here. Well done.

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Muzzleloader bull

Here is my muzzleloader bull shot at 188 yards. I wasn't supposed to be hunting due to my broken wrist but got 1 day on the way to work and was able to get him down in the morning and had a rest of the day and well as all night pack out to get to work on time.

Attachments

• 14103 (2).jpg
    14103 (2).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 109

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is My 10 year old daughter Annabelle's first bull, It was on a backpack hunt in which she did awesome, I almost blew it for her by being too picky we had several good bulls picked out the day before, and I thought we had the mountain to are selves. Opening morning found us looking for A bull I never got a good look the night before and passing on a good bull before some horse hunters started shooting,1 group shot 13 shots and they didn't leave with a bull. After that every bull and backup bull I had vacated the mountain. Later after being reprimanded by my wife for not letting her shoot a bull I was able to locate this bull and she made a great 40% down hill shot. On the way down the steep rock I ended up breaking my wrist. She was so excited and can't wait to do it again.

Attachments

• 20181001_164525.jpg
    20181001_164525.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thread is locked. Staff will submit their picks to me, then I'll start a poll where members can pick the finalists. I'll post here when that poll is up, so be sure and subscribe to this thread at "Thread Tools" lead post so you get a notification.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap you guys, the elk contest is huge. Approximately 40 more entries than 2017!

Travis and I have been pounding on it for two days. We're about to release the finalists. Be prepared, there are a lot to vote on as it was so hard to narrow it down! Should have that thread up shortly, Travis will put a link in this thread.

Stay tuned