2018 Best Bull Elk Photo Contest, sponsored by Kifaru

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

We're back! This is the third year of this contest and is bound to be the best. Our friends at Kifaru have put up a $750 Gift Certificate for 1st place this year!!!! Just think, $750 smackers to spend in the Kifaru Store, and no guilt trip from the Mrs!

The $750 is for first place, (2nd place will be the ever-popular-and-often-out-of-stock Rokslide Kill Kit shown below)

HUNT JR took the gold last year with this winning photo:
attachment.php

This is NOT a biggest bull contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2018 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the bull, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a bull harvested in 2018

5) Between archery season and December 10th, post up your best harvest photo on this thread

6) One photo per bull only. If you harvest multiple bulls, you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kifaru use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

Rokslide Kill Kit

attachment.php

Last edited:

CX5Ranch

WKR
Gotta love it. This is not a biggest bull contest, but we are going to pick the biggest bull.

This super athlete, mega hunter crap has got to stop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gotta love it. This is not a biggest bull contest, but we are going to pick the biggest bull.

My reading comprehension maybe isn't the greatest but when two pictures were equal the size of the animal would prevail. This isn't the proper place for a rant on the state of the current hunting culture, you should start your own thread for that. Good luck this season hope you shoot something that makes you happy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

Quit bitchin, we just gave away a pair of binoculars, the winning photo was an empty freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jon Boy

WKR
You guys can probably just save your time and not post pics, Jon Boy is gonna win this one this year, if I ever get a day off hahaha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

If two bulls simultaneously give you perfect broadside shots, make sure you shoot the smaller one so you don’t become a hypocrite.

If you take a look at the previous year‘s contests, you will see there are some very big bulls that did not get picked because the photo quality wasn’t great.

Oh yea, and we like athlete hunters. Seems a good contrast to being 80lbs overweight capable of only motorized hunting. Maybe the Rokslide crowd isn’t for you.

Last edited:

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
My 2018 Bull , great hunt. Went with this shot as I was solo and the selfie just wasn't doing it for me. Wish everyone the best out there!

Bull 2018 12 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Bulldawg

WKR
2018 Entry. Long hunt, got really sick felt like death, finally decided that this is the bull for me!

Coolest thing about this bull is he doesn’t have ears! I thought he tore one up fighting then I noticed the other one is gone too, some buddies think they froze off, but I don’t know, just pretty cool and unique. Thought about getting him mounted just for that reason.

43b4cb34b25abf4756cb793515fb0098.jpg

Last edited: