Utah Filmore unit, Elk Hunt

D16

FNG
Does anyone have any information on the Filmore unit they’re willing to share?
I am not asking for your gps coordinates for your blind you’ve been baiting all year, just general questions....

What kinda of pressure do you usually see, lots of hunters and weekenders?

How’s the access getting around? Pickup or Side by Side?

Steep country?

Water? Is there much water up on top?

I am coming from out of state and with no availability to go scout, kind of coming in blind.
I have a Cow tag and my partner has a general Buck tag & a Cow tag as well.

We’re up for hiking and putting in the work...

Thank you for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
What hunt? Spike Rifle?

Lots of access on forest roads. You wont kill an elk in there from the road. You will need to scout and find herds. You will need to hike into the push areas to see any elk... might hear them late at night or early in the morning. Glass the tops of mountains and meadows to find the elk then get your pack on and go hiking.

Leave your side by side at camp or use it to get you into the gnarliest spots. Don’t hunt from it.

I have 3 words of advice... hike, hike, and more hiking.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D16

D16

FNG
What hunt? Spike Rifle?

Lots of access on forest roads. You wont kill an elk in there from the road. You will need to scout and find herds. You will need to hike into the push areas to see any elk... might hear them late at night or early in the morning. Glass the tops of mountains and meadows to find the elk then get your pack on and go hiking.

Leave your side by side at camp or use it to get you into the gnarliest spots. Don’t hunt from it.

I have 3 words of advice... hike, hike, and more hiking.

Good luck.

I have a Cow Tag and my partner has a Cow tag and a general season mule deer tag.
We don’t mind putting in the work and getting to the harder to reach areas.

Are the forest roads maintained well?
We’re looking to get in the high Country by trk the hike out from there

Thank you for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
You’ll find all road conditions from well maintained to gnarly rocky stuff you would only take an atv in.

The elk have been hunted constantly since the August and will be far from the roads. Glass the tops of the mountains late in the evening and look for elk. Then get your backpack on and go get em.