Dead Bull Found in Wyoming General Unit

KHNC

WKR
Found this great bull on my hunt last week. Head appeared to be sawed and meat boned out. I came to this opinion based on shoulder bones stacked together, along with leg bones stacked too. Full skeleton was there as well. Appears as tho meat was packed out and antlers left. Have no idea why someone would leave a great public land bull like this behind. Since i dont know the circumstances, if by chance a rokslider killed this bull, PM ME and give me details. I will then provide GPS coords to retrieve it, if you so desire. Im sure its a 2017 bull. NO DAMAGE at all to the antlers from rodents, and no fading. Great condition! This seems to be a very recognizable set of antlers , and a shame for them to go to waste. I didnt have any cell service to call fish an game for a permit. Wasnt about to use my tag on them either.

deadbull1.jpg
deadbull2.jpg

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
Thought the same thing. That or maybe it was in a heavy snow storm and couldnt get back in. Last year had PLENTY of snow.

AdamW

WKR
Wow, someone forgot to save a waypoint in their GPS...that would be awful.

Just in case, I'm adding to my LEAVE EVIDENCE OF SEX! note that I stuck to my tag this year. Adding a note that says GPS COORDS!

DEHusker

WKR
He/she probably has a couple 350” bulls on their wall already! LOL.

Seriously, if that’s ever my kill you better come looking for me because I’m probably dead or injured on the pack out if I didn’t bring that head out!

Nice bull for sure. To me it sounds like someone needed the meat not the horns. I have heard of it happening but never actually seen it confirmed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmden

WKR
Poached earlier in summer...?

Seems a bit odd to me that there's much left of this skeleton if it was taken last fall. My experience with a number of big game kills where I've been back to the exact same spot or can see the spot with spotting scope where the animal was cut up and just meat taken, is that there is absolutley nothing left by the following season. Not a tooth, not a skull, not a bone...nothing. In fact, one elk we figured out the kill site a year later because of the pile of partially digested grass that was still there that was in the elks stomach from the year before. No bones of any kind, however.

Who knows?

I was hunting a unit in the flattops and found the remains of no less that 50 elk during a 14 day hunt.....Most of the bones were lying scattered about. It confirmed the rumors of the over harvesting of the elk in the area that the DOW allowed. Everyone was complaining about it.