Status of Gunnison, CO Hunting

Nichols13

FNG
Hunting unit 55 first rifle, would just like to know how things are looking from anyone who’s been there or neighboring unit this season. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
getting plenty of moisture over the next week with snow in the high country so that should help things

Kmnork

FNG
getting plenty of moisture over the next week with snow in the high country so that should help things

TONS of rain forecasted the next 4-5 days. Not as dry as the drought would lead you to believe

Hunting unit 55 first rifle, would just like to know how things are looking from anyone who’s been there or neighboring unit this season. Thanks in advance.

Hunted last week and half of archery. Elk were really high. Just started to rut some last few days of season. We never heard a bugle and only talked to one goup that heard one single bugle. Seen lots of elk and moose. Killed one 5x5 in our group. Good luck!!

OP
N

Nichols13

FNG
Hunted last week and half of archery. Elk were really high. Just started to rut some last few days of season. We never heard a bugle and only talked to one goup that heard one single bugle. Seen lots of elk and moose. Killed one 5x5 in our group. Good luck!!

I appreciate it! Thank you, and congrats to you guys!

Deere83

Lil-Rokslider
It’s been dry, look at Taylor reservoir and blue Mesa, even though some may think it’s a normal year, if you’re from here it’s not

Thomas11

WKR
That was exactly my take on it. We had the muzzy tag. No bugling in ten days there but we did see some elk. All above tree line

Bulldawg

WKR
They were rutting more than the last few days of archery season.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
It was dry and the guides we talked to said it had been a real tough year hunting. We found out we should have went two weeks earlier according to the sign but we could have fill moose tags and mule deer tags but the snow should make things interesting. Good luck