Late Season wyoming Management Elk hunts

zerohour714

Banned
Greetings Gents,

I got drawn for a non-resident Region H General Elk tag this year and unfortuneatly wasn't able to connect on our hunt. I have heard of some management hunts available on a draw basis but have not done any of these hunts. I was going to try for the Jackson Hole Elk refuge hunt but most of the permits have already been drawn and cannot go during the times of the remaining permits. At this point, I am looking more for a meat hunt and am fine with a cow. Does anyone have any general info for the following units?

-Bear River Divide A
-Broom Creek Z
-Coyote Creek A
-Greybull River Access
-Knight Ridge East A
-Medicine Butte A
-Rattlesnake Mountain A
-Solider Creek
-X Bar

It appears that in some areas you need to obtain permission from the land owners but am unsure of what this process looks like, if there are elk in the unit, or if there are better vs. worse times to go.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

thanks guys.

Straight Shots,

Michael

wytx

WKR
X Bar, haven't heard of any elk success there. You would be walking in. Perhaps they come down off of Sheep Mountain.
Talk with G&F in Laramie.
Some or most may be drawing type permit. Check into that on G&F website under public access.

Keep in mind weather could affect your access in to some of those areas also it can push the elk down into them. Two edged sword .

Sturgeon

WKR
The National Elk Refuge does have a leftover system that you can try getting into.

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
Region H tag is a mule deer tag. If you have a general elk tag you can hunt any of the general elk units Are you sure you have an elk tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk