Trash management

Chopit

FNG
How do most of you manage your trash and food scraps at a truck camp site. Never camped where I had to worry about bears. Do most of you carry your food you take on hunt daily in a canister or opsak? Hunting CO 77/771.

HighVoltageHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn’t worry too much about bears. Just keep it in a trash bag and zip locks (if possible), hang it or store in your vehicle at night or when your away from camp and dump it when you leave.

SWOHTR

WKR
Dump it in someone else’s camp.

Not! If you’re car camping, lock it up on the car. Don’t sleep with food in your tent. Tie it up and hang it from a tree otherwise (I think it’s 12 ft up and 6 ft out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OFFHNTN

WKR
Put it in a cooler, then in your vehicle.
I'm not a huge fan of hanging it in trees as it will still attract bears to the area even though they can't get to it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have kept my food and trash in the tent since I started hunting in 1980 without a single issue. I keep non-perishable food in a bin with a lid and I keep the trash inside a bin as well. But mainly just so the mice don't get into it.

We use a spare cooler usually. But we repack all the food with a vac sealer to minimize how much trash we need to handle. We’ve had issues with sheep dogs a couple times in the past couple seasons so we set the cooler on the roof of the truck. Bears seem to stay up on the mountain and don’t venture down to our camp elevation so no worries there.

On the trail I stuff all my wrappers into the bottle pocket on my partners pack when he’s not paying attention. I’ve been getting away with it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk