Bighorns Snowfall

I’m headed out on Friday and am wondering if anyone can tell me how much snow is at the higher elevations. Thanks.

Interested also as a buddy has a rifle elk tag. We bow hunted it late in Sept and had 2 snowstorms then. Could also check with Meadowlark Lake Resort if you're hunting that part of the Bighorns.

wyosteve

WKR
Wyo. Dept. of Transportation had 2 webcams. One on the Burgess Jct./Antelope Butte area and one near Meadowlark/Deer Haven on the south end. As of a couple days ago, there was virtually no snow. Both of those cams are near the top of the passes.

4rcgoat

WKR
I'm in Sheridan, was up on Sunday and there was 4 inches up around 8000 ft. We had more snow the last couple of nights so I imagine there must be at least 6 inches or so up there. We have snow clear down to the foothills as of right now.

jmez

WKR
Wyo. Dept. of Transportation had 2 webcams. One on the Burgess Jct./Antelope Butte area and one near Meadowlark/Deer Haven on the south end. As of a couple days ago, there was virtually no snow. Both of those cams are near the top of the passes.

Look at the camera on I-25 Wy/MT border. Looks like a lot of snow on the East side.

wytx

WKR
More coming on Saturday and Sunday. Could affect your travel plans, road closures. Check that weather and WYDOT.

Hiker

FNG
I have a unit 37 type 6 (cow calf antler less) license, and work got in the way of my trip, next available time is Nov / Dec

Is it worth venturing out Nov and Dec into unit 37......with all the snow.....

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
I have a unit 37 type 6 (cow calf antler less) license, and work got in the way of my trip, next available time is Nov / Dec

Is it worth venturing out Nov and Dec into unit 37......with all the snow.....

Unless the unit fills up from elk coming from the north the elk in 37 usually blow off the mountain by September 15th to the private.

wyosteve

WKR
I agree with thnksno. Unless you have access to private, I likely wouldn't waste the time that late in the season.